Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mice deterent???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TABLAY, Dec 3, 2011.

1. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

The reason mice make so much Decon disappear is because they remove and store most of it. Moving it probably doesn't do them any good. Eating it definitely kills them pretty quick. Possibly some of the stored Decon is eventually eaten, but I have found large stashes that I wonder if they forgot about. I have tried the solid blocks but those don't seem to be quite as effective as pellets or loose feed.

2. I'm not sure what I' m dealing with in my shed but I tried the 5 gallon bucket with a lid with peanut butter floating in the bottom. Came out the next day and the lid was on the ramp leading to the bucket. Put it back in the bucket and the next day I couldnt even find it. No way a mouse or rat could reach down that far without falling in.

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My Mouser, Likes my power pole for keeping a watch. not Bashful at all. Redtail.
    HawkMama.jpg Redtail1.jpeg

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

If everything was according to plan, there would be the time when less is more. Poisons kill mice, but they eat it and go away to die, sometimes in walls or in a small crack in the garage/house structure. So, now you spend time digging out the dead, furry critter shedding the outer layers as he corrodes inside of the walls. Plus, the smell of decay should lead you to the exact spot where the dead guy is laying around.

Now, to prevent all of the spreading of dangerous poisons or setting mouse traps that you have to clean up afterwards, if those bulging eyes don’t get to you, then you are a glutton for punishment. Removal of the dead guy in the metal bar over his neck/face is enough to keep anyone from wanting to see that end result. But, you did a great job of trapping the vicious animal. Yikes!

If the time you spent buying the traps, setting up the various locations and then once the deed is done, more time spent holding your breath to dispose of the bulging eyes staring at you while you zip lock bag it for the trash. Then you are a glutton for punishment. We all live with mice in our yards as they were probably there before the houses were built.

But if they start coming into the house/garage or cars, then it is not worth it to spend time trapping them. All it takes is some ultrasonic airwaves that hit the brains of the critters to keep them away. Most mice, rats and other critters can’t stand the sound waves we cannot hear or get affected by it. the ultrasonic devices also do not harm our little dogs or dogs of any kind. it does not bother them.

Jnaki

It has been said many times about critters in the garage workspace and the many trials and tribulations it takes to get rid of them. We have solid proof that different silent frequencies do nothing to us or to our little dog. But it has kept those critters away from the house and garage for over 20 years and I have not seen a mouse trap with bulging eyes since we first moved in so long ago. Yes, our house and garage has different versions of the silent ultrasonic devices plugged into the wall outlets. We even have them in the attic certified outlets for added protection. So where are the mice?

They are out in the far reaches of the yard doing their thing. They will soon get eaten by the snakes and other carnivorous animals soon enough, so they can play that far away from the house and garage. Since our neighbors do not like ultrasonic electronic devices, they constantly battle mice with all sorts of food snacks or the good old standard, cheese.

But, we have not seen or heard any critters on our roof, garage or house for 20 years. We have changed the devices after several months. It is a little bother, but well worth it. Plus, the little blue light and different frequencies give off more coverage… and it is calming while it glows and works to keep the critters away.

upload_2023-10-10_4-30-37.png
    No "smelly cat" after effects, no disposal problems, if you can’t see them , there is no disposal. So, yes, do what you think is worth it for time spent chasing the little critters. The food traps attract them… are you winning the battle? Outside, the electronic devices aren’t used. They sense the electronic field surrounding and inside of the structure, so they stay away. Which is what we all want anyway. YRMV

Okie Pete and Dave Mc like this.
  5. samurai mike

samurai mike

mice like to travel along walls, so i just go outside and piss on all four corners of the foundation. haven't seen a mouse in two years. electronics sound good too.

Dave Mc likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With the 5 gallon bucket the best way is to take a 20 ounce or so plastic pop bottle and drill a hole in the center of the lid and the center of the bottom and drill two holes opposite of each other and then stick a piece of 1/8 welding rod though the holes in the bucket and the bottle so the bottle is suspended in the middle of the top of the bucket and then coat the bottle with the peanut butter and put a gallon or so of water in it. Then set it up so they can get to it. Don't forget to check it because if you leave dead mice in the water a couple of days they really stink. As long as the bottle spins nice and free you are good.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That evidently works for skunks when they decide to have a den under a raised garden planter in your yard too, Just mark your territory where they are going in an out.

8. BJR

BJR

A friend of mine who is part owner of a riding stable makes his own mouse poison. He mixes flour or corn meal with plaster or cement powder. Then puts the mixture in a place where it will stay dry and the mice can get to it. The mice eat it, and it turns to cement in their stomach and kills them. If a cat or some other animal eats the body, there is no poison to hurt them.

9. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

That's one word!

10. 05snopro440

05snopro440

The screaming is implied but not written.

Okie Pete likes this.
  11. mouse trap.gif

As mentioned above........ Works like a charm!

12. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Only Thing That Works... 391691987_696918225670890_7292218333500228658_n.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Please....that guy in my avatar begs everyone to NOT USE POISON! I have 4 cats and keep my car storage area pretty tidy.

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

^^^^ The trouble with cats is that they are a non-indigenous predator that kills anything it can catch, including beneficial lizards, snakes and birds. Not to mention that they piss and sh.. uh, defecate wherever they please and often that is in freshly turned soil such as the garden where we grow stuff we want to eat. Our neighbors' abundant cats often leave presents in our garden and spray our front door. Lovely.
    I'll stick with the good old fashioned snap traps and peanut butter, thanks. Now if I could just get the cats to eat peanut butter....

Okie Pete likes this.
  15. 05snopro440

05snopro440

Yep, one of my neighbors is poisoning mice and so occasionally they die in our yard. I haven't figured out who yet. We don't have an outdoor cat, but we have dogs who would get into something like that.

Yep, I listened to a podcast last year about cats being an invasive species. They actually are. It's quite interesting. People think their cats need to hunt, but really the ecosystem would function perfectly well without them. Keep your cats inside!