Register now to get rid of these ads!

MI Salvage Yard Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50shoe, May 13, 2008.

1. 50shoe

50shoe

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

There is a disgusting amount of 2 dr hardtops there. Not to mention 57 Chevy convertible. Sheesh.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At least guys have a chance to bid on cars and pieces and get something out of there that they want instead of hearing that it got crushed.
    It sounds like it should be a major H.A.M.B. event where a tow rig and trailer is a requirement to show up.

4. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

If only they could speak.........Imagine the stories they could tell!

In my ideal world there would be no such place.:(

5. 50shoe

50shoe

I liked the $400 min bid for cars because of scrap prices... stuff has to be rusty, but there are some nice looking parts there at the very least.

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I know that place, been there a few times but they had wierd hours. Too bad they are selling it off.
    The REAL gold is all the stuff the guy collected inside the shop. All kinds of collectables, speed parts, service station stuff. To bad, for sure it's a neat place.

7. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I'm surprised at how complete most of those cars are. Wish I could get out there, looks like a lot of deals.

8. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

400 * 1800=720,000 not a bad payday!

Those cars look pretty good for junkyard cars...maybe they're real buckets closer up...they don't seem all that parted out, wonder why?

9. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...because they didn't post pics of the the parted out cars, and what's left is REAL BAD. Old Bob was a hard guy to get along with,...if you knew what you wanted, either he, or a yard guy would drive you back to those cars you asked about, let you look, then they would pull the part while you waited...and it wasn't always cheap!
    ...unless he liked you, then, he would let you walk the yard and look, and pull your own parts...

His son now has control of the place after Bob died last year,...the son has a scrap yard down the road, and doesn't give 2 s***s about those cars or parts, and that's why the $400 minimum bid/per car was added...he'd just as soon crush them all for scrap.

I've been thru there many times, bought alot of parts from Bob, and had a good time just checking everything out...there used to be several stripped school buses there full of parts...one had hundreds of brand new, original, still in the Ford boxes, flathead heads!
    ...another was full of 348/409 parts, blocks, heads, cranks, intakes,...I managed to get a factory 2x4 setup out of there, but that was years ago...

10. blacufo

blacufo

everyones selling-out, get rich quick, ship it to china, make a buck, and we'll all pay for it later....

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Michigan?:eek: I didnt think a 90s model in a michigan yard would look that solid.

12. 2Hep

2Hep

I've been to this yard a few times when I first moved to Michigan from NY a few years ago. It was by appointment only, and he really didn't want to sell anything but he did have beat to hell baby lincoln in the yard with the Lincoln flathead in it and it fired right up...he kept it running, but a few years back he didn't want to sell it> well he did but he wanted waaaayyyy to much for it, it had no floors and cancer about a foot up from sitting on the ground for many years....just let it sit there. Anyhow, plenty of cool stuff is in there, from time time I've driven by it and tried to imagine what else was lurking behind that new fence the township made him put up. There's a Lama farm near by there too... ahh the strange things one sees in rural and urban Michigan.

Should be a good auction anyhow

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

I almost smacked the old fart once,.... (about 20 years ago) still sorry to see he died,.....

(OOPS! big mistake, I just assumed it was Hillards, looks like it's Zimmerman's, Zimmerman was always a good guy to me)

Did you guy's look close at the hood on this one ?:cool:

[​IMG]

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'm might have to go. just to look if nothin else

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Wish I had the blue 60 sedan,I think:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. gonmad

gonmad

Am I the only one that thinks that the pics look photochopped??

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

HMMM. they do look a little funny, don't they.

18. Tim29A

Tim29A

I agree that Bob could be difficult. I noticed that the first day I went there looking for a windshield for a 55 Olds. So, I was driven back in the yard in an old military vehicle, and left to remove the glass myself. Rode back up to the front, started the chat with Ol' Bob while he figured the price. All the while conversing with him about the memorabilia and n.o.s. oddballs he had in the "showroom". Next trip...walked in, reminded him of previous visit, advised of the need for 50's GM trim clips, and ended up spending the day in a trailer going through boxes of (factory packaged) trim clips and fasteners.....unattended. I have been there twice since and was treated great. I was actually going to make a trip here soon for some brakes for the "A", but I guess that's off. There are some cool cars...and not in much worse condition than most of us can cope with.

19. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i wish i could get up there that is a lot of gold in them hills!!!! now i have to get a towel and dry off my keyboard from the drool......................

20. lehr

lehr

I was there in the late 70s to get some parts for my 59 chevy people were telling me what a prick this guy was so I go there and start talking to this guy hes a little bit gruff and all of a sudden he says jump on the back of my tractor I'll take you back there.
    Well we go out back I stand on the back of this big ass old farm tractor and off we go haulin ass thru these four foot deep mud holes he looked like he was having a blast.
    He drops me off and says come back to the shop when your done. I get back home and tell my buddys and cant believe it, the guy was nice as hell to me. Pat