Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

old-iron1 ..welcome to the Hamb then..great job you're doing.I understood from the owner that the Mastretta family in the city of Puebla ,Mexico had in those years the dealership of the Gardner cars...this one is one of the imported ones..i never had any leads or infos regarding more of them here in Mexico yet,this is the first one i saw and know...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. sled

sled

Stay Brown,please chime in and tell us your dad's story..we want to know...great pic!!!
    I wish i can still find Zephyrs this nice around here...mmm,i know one now that i think of...

3. sled

sled

Here some more Gardner pics...i just noticed the mexican dealer metal plate attached to the car..way cool!!
    It says: Gardner ,king of the mountain car.n 427

Attached Files:

4. msalamanca

msalamanca

Yeah, I see him every so often.
    Mostly just text or phone calls now.
    Playing down there was lots of fun.

5. I second this.

6. sled

sled

We love Mercurys here ,so the story on this 39 sedan is that i found it locally in a multiple private car collection..i could'nt believe the incredibly well preserved original condition on this one...to bad is a moredoor...but really impressive to still find it this way...smells vintage too,ah,ah,ah...

Attached Files:

7. sled

sled

Stumbled in this cool 47 Caddy convertible recently...owner is currently rebuilding the 346ci flattie engine and when ready i will make an offer on it...he's thinning his collection due to age, he has this car since the 50s he said...cool lines,love em lowered...

Attached Files:

8. sled

sled

Time ago a pal o mine bought a number of cars and bikes in a closeby town as a package deal...many interesting stuff in there,old 60s offroad bikes included, a 50 Jaguar XK120 roadster plus this 61 Alfa Giulietta Spider all original running conds...we later swapped this car with 1920 Harley J model..a happy ending deal for both parties.My pal still has the Harley in his stash...

Attached Files:

9. JJK

JJK

Help a brotha out on a decklid, I'm still waiting to hear back on those Merc fenders btw.

10. sled

sled

Would love to...but i havent stumbled on a Zephyr decklid yet bro..hard to get ...ah,found a rear cheap driver side Merc fender..perhaps the same guy has the pass side too,waitin some news from him

11. sled

sled

Another cool 3w came up in a local shop,while i went to visit there a guy i knew..it was a customer's car,there were rebuilding the engine in there...i assume logic is Ford sold many 3w coupes 35/36 down here in Mexico cause it was the cheapest one available...

Attached Files:

12. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

yeah, but would you stop for a lengua taco and a massage?

13. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

not from him,,:p

14. sled

sled

Ah,ah,ah...more stuff soon fellas

15. wallyringo

wallyringo

16. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I'm suscribed so please hurry up!

17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Best thread on the hamb! Thanks sled for all the hard work and updates. Unbelievable amount of potential down there!

18. sled

sled

Yetikustoms,glad you liked the effort ...here's another story: last year i had a great lead to sneak thru some DF (Mexico City) car corrals,they are a bunch of em...anyway,this was the first one and i had limited time to stay in so i ran all over the place trying to catch some worthy stuff...then had a sort of deal that i could buy some of these cars before being scrapped...but for some reasons did'nt work out yet..anyway,im still trying:cool:...more pics comin...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  19. sled

sled

The Chrysler Airflow was the coolest thing i saw in there...actually i was kinda surprised to find there,very solid and filled up with parts inside..i really wanna save at list this one...
    I almost fainted when i saw the 59 Impala tail..was a 2D-HT..but totally smashed ,what a waste...

Attached Files:

20. sled

sled

some more stuff..

Attached Files:

21. sled

sled

This was another car corral,close to the first one..and there was a thrird one too in the area,all pretty big ones....
    The 51 Bel Air was a very solid car ,a runner actually...probably impounded to avoid paying the registration

Attached Files:

22. sled

sled

keep pushin...

Attached Files:

23. sled

sled

We hit a third place more closer into town and once there a huge storm caught us,so i've had only short time to take some quick shots..actually i think i lost some of the stuff in there...too bad.We decided to meet again with my guy the following day to see more places ...full mission ahead,stay tuned fellas

Attached Files:

24. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

25. sled

sled

thanks graverobber...glad you guys like it...actually trying to put some order in my messy photos inventory..sometimes i get lost in them but much more stuff coming

26. thi car almost looks like a carmen gia and opel GT colided........

<LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

Wow, my friend wants a '51 Belair HT really bad - how hard is it to get a car out of Mexico?

28. Rebel 327

Rebel 327
    from Ohio

Love the Hearse

29. sled

sled

Yeah true,but the Dinalpine mexican made is way rarer and worth quite some bucks today...very wanted by Renault collectors worldwide

30. sled

sled

Easy done..this subject has been discussed several times in this thread..do a reasearch here and you'll find out..in any case to save you time i ship from Mexico to all over the world old cars and bikes since many years, no problem...