Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

2. alexcantsleep

alexcantsleep
    from Dallas, Tx

This hearse in incredible! You hardly find carved panels anymore at all since the wooden ones rotted and the ones cast in Bronze often got recycled during WWII. This one is just amazing!

If theres anything I can do to help you find parts let me know. I run the Dallas hearse club and Im one of the three founding members of the National Hearse and Ambulance Association.

Alex

Alex!

3. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Howdy Alex,,
    That was like 2007?? and,
    you didnt do an intro either,,
    1st post,,,should be an intro,,
    that's how everyone gets to know you,,,, lol
    oh and welcome to the hamb,,

4. Pacorro

Pacorro

Hi all, I saw sled and is very good, although very busy in many projects, you know, tons of rusty metal and the adventures that generate each of them. He said that soon show something that has a lot to show.
    Patience friends, let the oxide grows up and soon we will see interesting things. Greetings: Pacorro

5. joel torres

joel torres

well its good toknow you guys are ok down there we look forward to the updates

6. Stay Brown

Stay Brown
    from Bay Area

My dad in Mexico City, barrio Santa Ursula!

Attached Files:

7. That's SO cool! Got anymore pics?

8. sled

sled

Back in action fellas...sorry for the huge delay but it seems that i never find the time to update this thread...too many adventures,rescues,travelling and so on..but i'll try to post more stuff more often,ok??

ok,something unsual that is not an everyday brand..lookin to get infos of this phaeton....extint brand...Gardner...looks like there was a gardner distributor in Mexico in the city of Puebla,back in the 20s...this is the only one i saw so far,not only in Mexico but everywhere for taht matter....anybody else has one of these???

Attached Files:

9. sled

sled

WOW ,this is way cool...Stay Brown,so ...barrio Santa Ursula Chitla or Santa Ursula Coapa??Anyway ,for all the gang this location is south of DF (Mexico City),an area that i know pretty well....
    Wondering how old was you dad here,looks a young kid so how old is this pics taken?
    Perhaps i know of this same Zephyr...it was later been painted dark red???

10. sled

sled

Joel and all the others..yes,superfine and well..sorry about the huuuuge delay but time just flies and so many things going on...i dont know how but i managed to post pics myself too,cant believe it...

have tons of new pics too...i dont really know where to start actually :D

so,i try to update this thread way more often ...stay tuned

11. sled

sled

Been to check out a garage recently and between much stuff in there this cool Mercury 55 convertible...always liked those and this loaded...trying to struck a deal with the guy on this one..lets see how it goes...

Attached Files:

12. sled

sled

Also this cool 40 sedan delivery was in there...this has been in the same family for many years,and used in the family's company....cool car,with a 327 and tripower...not bad at all

Attached Files:

13. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

wow, talk about a treasure trove. That 40 looks nearly new.

14. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

15. msalamanca

msalamanca

I remember when I would tour down there with my old band Calavera, we would stop and I would try and get into the junk yards while they where in the bars haha.

16. burbanite

burbanite

I remember this thread, time to follow along again!

17. sled

sled

Alex,in the last years i managed to find a good number or really impressive 30/40s gothic cathedral hearses..mostly Cadillac ,La Salle and Buick...in great original shape too...im always following such stuff and i do have more pics of some other stuff i found..so stay tuned,pics cominnnngg

18. sled

sled

Novadude55...yeah,still havin great fun scarfin this old stuff here ..and always trying to save the best i can...thanks for the Gardner link,will check that one

19. sled

sled

Msalamanca..i was at the UTA club downtown DF when Calavera played the very first time here in town...it was packed and a great party...the first floor of the building was tembling...kinda dangerous place but great fun :eek:

Do you still see Alex Blue???

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  20. sled

sled

This 59 Impala came all the way from Michoacan...some young kids drove this one from there to Guadalajara,where a friend o mine bought it...waitin its turn to be converted into a lowrider...solid car overall,little rust on floors and the 6 inline will be yanked in favor of a V8 ...hard to find those but they are still around ...

21. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

22. sled

sled

Here we go..one piece bumper,Cali car too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  23. sled

sled

No Respect...cool,thanks for the link ,very interesting ...

24. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I love this stuff. Keep the pics coming. We hear terrible things about Mexican drug gangs up north here, so stay safe.

(Is it as bad as they say--if you keep out of their business is it okay? I haven't been there since the 70's, but remember it fondly.)

25. JJK

JJK

Man that is freakin AWESOME!!!

26. sled

sled

Got lots of pics to go... there are some places that is better avoid these days..border areas with the US are probably the worse part along with Michoacan,Guerrero and many northern parts...government is just absent but is all a political business since the drug demand is so high and too much money involved...its election time in few months so lets see how it goes...i hate politicians and theier business but we all hope for more safety ..for example DF (Mexico City) right now is super safe...but yeah,i usually do my own business so i never had any problem anywhere...luckily!

27. sled

sled

Yeah,you bet JJK...im waitin an answer with more infos from Stay Brown cause i suspect that i found that very same car many years later in the same area..
    i have some papers pics too of a very similar car,wanted to compare it with ..it might be the same one thou

28. old-iron1

old-iron1
    from Minnesota

That looks like a 1923 or 1924 Gardner touring. Great car 5 main bearings 214 cid and 43-45 HP. With this one I now have 126 known Gardners, (I maintain the owners' registry). Built in St Louis, MO from 1920 to 1931. www.gardnermotorcars.com

29. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man what a great picture!

30. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Lets repost this one! looks like it was just sitting abandoned at one time! Man If I found out this car was abandoned down there I would be headin south at 120mph, blowing past toll roads, hookers, chiclets sellers, drug cartels, and three legged dogs!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012