Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. oz40

oz40

Hi Amigo,
    I am all for it, but dont tell the wife about all the beautiful girls.:D

2. sled

sled

oz40 mate...shhhhh,nobody will let yur wife know,of course..have fun mate!!

3. Magnus B

Magnus B

Something different from Sled:
    Ok fellas,i need some help here...i found this thing recently but i cant figger out what's exactly...the best reference is the name stamped in the hubs wich can be a Reo according to the little i know....also im sure its a pre 1900 but im calling all the hamber experts in ancienne vehicles here...these are the only pics i currently have
    Please ,chime in with your precious knowledge fellas ...thanks in advance,sled

Attached Files:

4. sled

sled

Anyone ,fellas???

5. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

I used to live in Mexico City for 2 years in the late 70's...I totally enjoyed living there and had no fear as long as I stayed in the right areas as you would in any place in the world...I hitch-hiked all over the city as well as drove and street raced. I still have many friends of international ethnicity living there and get a variety of feedback about living there now... indiscriminate street robbery seems to be the biggest boldest thing going on. The countryside is fascinating and beautiful and ugly at times... I've driven to the Texas border and back and to Acapulco, Guadalajara, Taxco and many other places but now I'm a little more cautious about the place due to the drug problem...I speak with lots of Mexicans here where I live and get their opinions too and they are very sad about the drugs problems. All in all I guess you make of it what you can....just be safe and dont flaunt what ya have!!

6. oh really.......

7. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Hi Sled.
    Your mystery care is a bit of a mystery, since the curved area in the front looks to be the famous 1903-04 "Curved Dash" Olds.
    OTOH, the engine was so puny that it wouldn't carry all that bodywork, plus 4 passangers.
    By the time it got a bigger engine, about 1905, it had a radiator up front.
    This one might be somebody's special idea of a restoration.
    I can't find a pic of a 1903/4/5 Olds hubcap

8. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Looks like a curved dash Olds to me, had a hand in restoring one back in the seventies...never saw one with the second seat however. REO is Ransom E. Olds' initials.

9. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

It was making my head swim. Thanks for pointing it out. I thought it was some rare model. :eek:

10. sled

sled

Hoptup Jalop...yep,sacred words here...better fly with a low profile currently and everybody hopes to enjoy more positive times soon...but we live the everydays life as usual havin fun...

11. sled

sled

Harry B,thanks as usual for the precious infos..now i see a better picture cause according to another fellow haber below comments its evident taht its one of the Olds "curved dash" models..and at this point it could easily be one of the many local build "curved dash" replicas from mr. Olveira ..he passed away couple years ago but he built literally 100s of these 03/04 curved dash models in the city of Cuernavaca,close to DF...with an Briggs and Stratton engine mostly...i never met him but im almost sure that the one's pictured its just a local replica..mystery solved ,Watson...thanks fellas,Hamb knowledge at its best

12. sled

sled

Hugh m,...yeah,sure it is...its a local replica,now i realize that.
    And the builder just used some REO wheels probably because he had them handy...a liberal interpretation...thanks again for the help

13. ghille45

ghille45

14. sled

sled

Ghille45...ah,ah,ah you dont have to..there is enuff stuff for everybody ...

15. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here a 57 Bel Air that i found time ago in DF (Mexico City) ...it belongs to a collector and he has quite few cars around in different places..trying to make a buying plan soon,when i will be there again...V8 350 converted and very solid overall...a classic american icon.

Attached Files:

16. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here some more stuff while driving around...following hints and the talk of the town of the many scouts and contacts....you never know what comes up...

Attached Files:

17. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    following a friend's hint he brang me to where this 61 Impala bubbletop is ...not a bad project for a full custom car...love these bubbletop cars.No drivetrain included but i already found a 409/Powerglide) for it in case...the only problem,too much junk around and too little time...

Attached Files:

18. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    What about a dressed 49 Hydra Glide, fellas?? I know there are many motorcycle fans here..very nice detailed bike overall and yeah..i know that the mufflers are not correct but a cool bike nonetheless...

Attached Files:

19. sled

sled

Got tons more stuff fellas...stay tuned

20. Irish

Irish

Hi Sled, Thanks for showing. I still want a 61 hardtop. My dad had a red one back in 61-62 with a 4 speed and a 348 and like a 4.56 rear gear that some guy ordered from the local Chevy dealer for drag racing. Dad said he tore the spider gears out of it a couple of times launching it!

21. sled

sled

Irish...your dad sure had some good fun with that gear ratio,eh??

Not many 61 Impalas around here...i can see a good number or 62s to 64s but 61 are a rare breed... a pal o mine had a 61 ragtop but it was a 6 inline engine and i did'nt like that drivetrain combo,so i did'nt bought it myself...

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here's something that you dont see every day fellas...a Ford 47 Sportsman woodie wagon...not many around of these even in the States.Many will remember the massive Nick Alexander wodie sale last year and there were a couple of these (also Mercurys,even rarer) there...i dont really know the history of this car but i know it was sitting in a mexican museum before but nothin more...a pal o mine is the current owner now and he might part with it ...i know another of these in totally unrestored original conds hidden in Mexico but im still scarfin to get it,hard mission but im pushin....fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    From the same collection also a seldom seen 55 De Soto Diplomat convertible..Mopar fans will appreciate it hopefully.I never seen another of these around Mexico albeit not the best bodystyle carried on De Sotos...still a cool car...if im not mistaken it carries the lowest platform Plymouth body,right?
    How many of these were made ???Just curious

Attached Files:

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Another pal,another garage....he's a quick wiew of my pal Victor's garage...he loves both bikes and cars.Over the years he's restoring this cool light green 57 Caddy Eldorado Seville coupe and a couple Harleys...Pans and big twin Flatties among european bikes...He bought the Caddy in New Jersey area he told me...not bad ,keep it rolling buddy...

Attached Files:

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    I've been passin in front of this property literally 100s of times but i never tought there were some cars sittin there ..it happened when one of my scouts put me in contant the owner but for a totally different car...and after a while ice was broken and he said that he had such stuff available for sale...Actually not the 58 Caddy Fleetwood but the 2 other Mopars...the Saratoga and the 46 Chrysler coupe...went there,took some pics but i soon realized that none of the cars are interesting for me...the Caddy still has all its original upholstery ,what a shame sittin there and rustin out...

Attached Files:

26. sled

sled

Magnus B ,thanks for posting as usual...i'll keep you busy for a while,have much more..

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Story is that time ago i bought a 50s Caddy from a guy and some parts were missing on the car...previous owner let the car in this propertly where it has been stored for couple years ...so,with the adress i went there couple times trying to meet the garage owner to have my Caddy parts back...no luck yet cause its quite far away from me.But i noticed couple cars there sitting in half restored way...well,some cool cars indeed...2 Mercedes 190 convertibles among some other british stuff....no idea if they are restoring such cars,place is a mess and stuff is all piled up...

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Always been a big fan of the El Caminos ,and my favorite by far is the first made in 59....saw this one last december in the DF race track during a vintage racing weekend ...i tried to meet the owner but when back in the parking lot car was gone,oh well...

Attached Files:

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Some random stuff while on the hunt....The Ford pick is sittin there for a long time...the other car under the tap looks to be an A model tudor sedan,i saw it before...the 59 Edsel was really a solid original car,too bad was a sedan...even the interior was original...55 Chevy that screams gasser style...

Attached Files:

30. sled

sled

There are a huge number of workshops around here with abandoned projects..i can see them all the time and especially in DF (Mexico City) those shops are becaming more like cemeterys for many cars...once they go in ,they never came out for some reasons...