Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Farmergal...well,i dont agree with all this stuff ...pretty much Matt100% sums it up on the post below...i go all the time including this morning in not so called safe barrios lookin for cars and since im around here (couple years already) i never EVER had any single problem..not even a small detail...so,yeah..you have to have common sense and Mexico City is just like any other huge metropolis with the same problems...actually im havin great fun around here and honestly there are way much dangerousd places in Mexico according to drug dealers and narcos...DF is quite ok to be around and have many friends here livin in tuff areas but they livea normal everyday life riding theier Harleys and old cars as anywhere else...

Now,if you go south from Guatemala and central America,that's another story ...and you can find places like El Salvador,Niguaragua,Honduras quite different but you cant generalize anyway...there are manby places in the USA way worse than here,i lived there for a while so i can tell some stories too...just be open minded and you'll find life easier ,even here with plenty friendly people too...

rjones35 likes this.
  2. sled

sled

Shit happens anywhere in the world...ans is correct that tension is high in some areas...what i can say here?Could happen anywhere

3. sled

sled

29sportcoupe....Thanks for a correct and clean statement based from direct experience...if my memory is correct you bought and imported without any single hassle a Model A Tudor or coupe from north of Mexico time ago ,right?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. sled

sled

Wise words here...thanks 100%Matt

5. 76cam

76cam

Hey sled i think we need to see them other pics you got.You're killing us by making us wait.

6. sled

sled

Farmergal...thanks for the kind words here...will keep the finds as long i can,you bet..actually i have many more pics to post and i will according to my little time...stay tuned

7. sled

sled

76cam...ah,ah,ah...i think you're right buddy...i'll do my best best today to fill you in fellas,stay tuned...popcorn ready???

8. Pacorro

Pacorro

To start the 2011 show sled. Pop corn and soda are ready

9. joel torres

joel torres

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

New findings from Sled:
    Here we go fellas...sorry for the delay but time is always an issue and i cant keep up with all the cool things here...still some more shots of this private junkyard in DF ...saw this stuff couple years ago and all is still sittin there untouched...love the 41 Plyma coupe ,actually very solid and cool body lines ...aprox 60/70 cars here in this place...

Attached Files:

11. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,since i love Mercs here a good 39 coupe (first year production ) sittin in the same yard...but i really plan to rescue this one cause incredibly is still really solid and rust free..just some surface rust and all the parts are stored safely by the owner ,so its worth it to save it...original untouched floors and drivetrain still all there...this Merc has an interesting history .i just knew it yesterday talkin with a pal o mine he said that the papers are interested to the mexican actor Pepe Magaña doing his biker part as a cop in the milestone mexican 1952 movie "ATM" (a toda maquina) with Luis Aguilar and Pedro Infante....also Pepe had an incredible car and bike collection in DF ..he was a car nut owning aprox 50/60 convertibles on any kind...when he pased away couple years ago the wife just undersold everything in no time for peanuts..too bad,i was'nt here in town at that time...but this Merc will see new life soon,promised...

Attached Files:

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Some random stuff found it while driving around in DF ...you never know what sittin in the streets and the city is so big that there are always some cool surprises...funny enuff the guy taht was with me knew the owner of these cars and he got in touch again...typical

Attached Files:

13. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Another Caddy ragtop found...this is a 51 project,but running,original 331 drivetrain...sitting in a shop for many years,received as a payment and the current owner has no interest on such US cars...so it's in the limbo currently...recently i found some other convertible Caddys too...more interesting stuff than this one...guy was'nt sure on sellin it so i moved over...

Attached Files:

14. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I've wondered whats hiding down there as far as 62-65 Mopars?

15. oz40

oz40

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sled.
    I want more pics too.
    I will TAKE the 39 merc coupe(Pepe's) its the least I deserve for all the tin hunting and tequila I drank there:D

But truthfully guys, every country has its issues no matter where you are.
    Mexico is a great place, and it does NOT deserve the one sided media coverage it gets, for whatever reason.

16. oz40

oz40

Hey Amigo, Pacorro
    All the best to you also.
    You own me a ride in your Merc:D

17. sled

sled

Funnycar65...as we speak im following a 64/65 Dodge 330 coupe HT with a Hemi..not sure if is factory or what..im planning to see this car very soon...im curious cause i do love Mopars..i keep ya informed of course..fingers crossed

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  18. sled

sled

oz40 mate...we're waitin for you down here,you know you're welcome anytime and what you said is true...i do have lots of fun down here anyway...;)...all the best for you mate and make your plans,we love you here...

19. sled

sled

Funnycar65...well,i found a number of em around here...62 300 letter car HT coupe owned by an ex mexican president,64 Imperial ragtop in perfecly runnin conds,a 62 ragtop Chrysler ,65 Imperial ragtop in great running conds...and some others that are escaping me richt now...Ah,couple of 63/64 Polaras too

20. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Trying to keep up here fellas....well,this was totally out of blue...another Merc 39 coupe wich i did'nt know of...story is i met again some guys that i have'nt seen for 2 years aprox and talking about cars we set a plan for the next day for them to show me around some stuff...they mentioned a good Merc coupe and this what i saw...not so nice as described ,is sittin there outside since 1976 according to the last registration sticker...the driver's side rain gutter has been rusted out from the time and same for some lower panels but still a savable car...the owner does not fix it nor sell it yet....will see how it goes.In the trunk stored a 36 Ford grill and bumper ,perhaps the guy owns a 36 Ford too??Left my dates but nobody called yet....

Attached Files:

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I read once, with relation to the existence of Model AA roadster pickups, that Ford would send its U.S. leftovers to its Mexican plants where some unusual stuff would be built up. Perhaps that's one?

-Dave

22. That's a great Merc coupe again, but it's a 1940 Coupe and not a 1939.
    1940 has different grille and headlights, 5,5 x 5 wheels, vent windows in the doors and much nicer taillights than a 1939 Merc does

23. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

thats a rare car nowadays, we didnt much go for the 39-40 mercs baknthday, they fell by the wayside even tho they were kinda rare then. Now I really like 'em. The alternator mount looks like an aftermarket thing for flatheads?

24. sled

sled

Bigcheese,in this case its only a local mexican swap grill made by some wizard around here...im sure!!:cool:

25. sled

sled

Dutch deuce...i was thinkin about you when posting this Merc ,since you're a fan of these...when i first looked at the car i tought was a 40 ,but then i was in a hurry to make some good shots and did'nt focus much...i never realized the 39 Mercs have no vent window??
    Well i never had a 39 and im happy this is a 40,i like em wayyy more...i got one myself in very good conds but since its hidden away i almost forgot how it looks like...thanks for clarifying the details...that's why has some 40 tailights,belong to the car :eek:...i was probably sleeping but recently my brain is filled up with tons and tons of new finds so its hard to focus on every detail...i think im a little overwhelmed with so much stuff:eek:

26. sled

sled

39cent...looks like that everywhere such Mercs were kinda left on the side,very few exeptions..nowadays are very scarce and far in between anywhere in the world..in Europe that are a few of them as far i know...i hate the stock roof myself but is incredible how it will radically change after the correct haircut...from the beltline and below these are just perfect from factory,especially the 40...

like our fellow J.B. said in another post...after all these years i dont know how to top it...wise words!!!

Yep,alternator was installed by someone who did'nt want to mess with the generator i assume...

27. Hope you like my Merc even it's 'only' a 39 coupe :D

28. sled

sled

Dutch duece...of course i do.We cant be too peaky in 2011 considering the few around worldwide...i was just counting last night and i found 6 of em in all my hunting in Mexico ,all coupes....i know 3 more doors 40s but i dont count moredoor cars...
    So,they are very hard to come by ...In many there will be in Europe??Yours,the other one you know in Benelux,J.B beuatiful custom and probably some more in Scandinavia but i dont reckon any other up there...some more to add in your knowledge??

29. joel torres

joel torres

damn after seeing that i think i should crush my 47 in the compactor im in loveeeeee