Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I just got back from Mexico City. Just around the airport is enough to make you drool. 46-48 Ford and Chevy sitting end to end, a 40-41 Ford or Merc on the corner. A few other dreamies there as well.

Went to Puebla and Queretaro for work and saw a '57 convertible shell along side the high way. My next car is coming from Texas or Mexico. I'm not dealing with Michigan rust ever again!!

2. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

I've said that just dealing with late 80's-early 90's mustangs. I honestly can't image dealing with older cars. :eek:

3. sled

sled

Danimal,i know perfectly those cars around the airport,and also the owner...since long!
    but in the last years ther not many cars anymore in the street,cause when not registered the local cops are allowerd to confiscate em to car corrals...so,all cars are hidden nowadays!

kevins89,you're kidding right??dealin with 80/90's cars ???can't believe it!

to me there is nothing above 71,not even the idea to buy something newer...

4. Never2low

Never2low

New to forum, so i just caught the thread from forever ago. That hearse is far and away the sickest thing i've ever fucking seen!!!:eek: I haven't read thu all 600+ posts yet, but PLEASE keep us posted on any goings on with it, if haven't already. I'll try to keep the drool at a minimum. thx

5. sled

sled

Never2low,the donkey show will go on....no worries!!!!

6. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled has found even more stuff.

Sleds word: sittin in the same Ford 36 tudor yard the guy has lot of other junk layin around...such as this solid Ford 56 Fairlane coupe....as usual here they start the resto and for some reasons money flow stops so the cars ...
    he'll sellin this one too,no more cash to spend on...all original with the 312 engine,cool cars when lowered...the low roofline is kinda cool too!
    plan to but it soon..there is one here on Hamb all black wich is tits!!!

Attached Files:

7. Magnus B

Magnus B

still the same yard....a Ford 53 coupe post....waitin for somebody wantin to rescue it!has original flattie and in kinda solid overall conds....these 52 to 54 Fords are very common in Mexico,they are all over around especially in some areas...

Attached Files:

8. Joe Daddy

Joe Daddy

Now all i need is a cold corona, dont forget the salt and lime. Thank you very much.

9. sled

sled

Joe Daddy,SALUD!!!enyoy your cerveza!!!!

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Skip the Carona and go right to the Negro Modello. And go to Angus for the best meal and nicest wait staff.

Sled, do you have any photos of those cars down by the airport? I'm so in love with that 40-41. Burgandy, sitting on the corner.

I'll have to look you up next trip!

11. Stone

Stone

Here its Negro Modello but when in Mexico it has to be Victoria. Salud. I was telling a friend of my Chilango family that came to visit about this post. He said he probably knows Sled and some of the cars. I didn't have Sled's name so he couldn't be sure. We have family that stay near the airport that own a glass company cutting glass for office buildings etc.

12. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

Hey Sled....unbelievable the cars you have found!!!! I was involved a awhile back in a biz buying and selling cars (just got tooo expensive here in the states)....Looks like I may reopen the old biz!! Gotta check on the legals about transporting them and titleing here in the U.S....

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Didn't try Victoria. Saw the signs. Maybe next trip. Don't know when that will be, it was 2004 until this month between these trips. Depends on if I get a contract with VW or not.

Anyway, it'd be way cool to meet some of the folks there. Great people, awesome iron, horrible pollution.

14. sled

sled

Danimal,glad you tested the DF (mexico city )pollution...is insane!!Really,is a good place if you wanna get lung cancer...
    but it has other cool things,such the good amount of cars
    and if you know where to hang out is a peasent place to be...lot to do!

No,i don't have any pix on the cars sittin close the airport,but when i have the chance to be close there can take em...no big deal!

the correct word is Negra Modelo....and if you're in Guadalajara then get a Estrella (Star),the local one..not bad too!

15. Turbo442

Turbo442

Bohemia is good too! I like Negra Modelo as well.

16. Sled,

Why is feminine "Negra" used with masculine "Modelo"?

Btw, have you ever found any former "Carrerra PanAmericana" racers from the 1950-1954 era? When I attended the University of Durango in Dgo, during the summer of 1975 I was totally grooving on all of the vintage cars and trucks still in operation including a Model A taxi. I learned to get around by cab when ever I could.
    The only truly abandoned vehicle I found was a 1950-53 era Cadillac in a vacant lot. It was rolled on it's drivers side, wwith every body panel dented. It had been somewhat stripped but not conpletely. I didn't really know the history of the race back then being that I was 17, but have since wondered if it was one of the damaged Cadillacs that I have seen in photos. I doubt it is still there but in Mexico you never know.

I assume that the Mexicans are not busy like Americans are to send scrap overseas to China hence the existence of all of this treasure.:)

17. sled

sled

Benzine440,about the name " Negra Modelo" i don't exactly the meaning from the company intended to give the name...

can be interpretated in different ways,depends ...

well,about REAL 50/54 Panamericana cars ....personally i haven't found any myself,but i do have some interesting stories of friends wichfound some serious cars abandoned since that age and rescued to new life...

such 1 of the 2 prototype aluminum Porsches found years ago in Chiapas region, made by the factory only to race the Panamericana...
    and both cars never returned to Germany...

actually 1 is in USA,a collector bought it and is totally restored ..don't have to mention about the value of this toy..a real white check!

i don't have with me now the full article,but i can find it and show it here..with allnames and detailed infos,ya know!

also another friend o mine has found (still in Chiapas,far south) close to Guatemala border another apparently english made car,but is not a common brand as we know...looks like an old XK 120 roadster Juaguar but is not...and the car is what we call a Barchetta,all alu open body style....kinda small compact size,rounded lines ...

but finally the guys wich have the car sitting in theier yard decide not to sell it...but i can get more infos with some reasearch...

and so on..there are so many stories of crashed /broken /abandoned Panamericana race cars...and some are still sitting somewhere still nowadays,believe it or not...

it really intrigues me,love these stories and the thrill to find em!!!

Benzine,unfortunately these days even here we're loosin daily LOT of old junk because of the chinese scrap metal,i tell ya...too bad but the price of steel went up a lot because of chinese and just right now it will be raising again....the world is becoming too small...sad to say!

18. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

No, I meant that growing up in IL and dealing with 80s mustangs there, I quickly grew sick of the rust. A 10 year old car could already be ruined. I would never think of buying a car again from the midwest, yet along one that was 50+ years old.

I love old cars, the older the better....I just don't have any real knowledge of them or how to work with them, thus I stick to my mustangs.

19. sled

sled

Kevins89,you definately need a holiday down south ,where sun is more shiny..and metal does not rust....

C'mon ...there is plenty of great cool old iron outthere,don't be discouraged by the midwest...

20. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

Thanks for the tip-- I had no idea there was a Crosley Hotshot in any movie. (Well, a moving hotshot-- there's reputed to be a smooshed one in a driver's training film).

Just ordered A. T. M. off amazon-- $10, delivered...

and to chime in with everybody else-- yeah, this thread is A M A Z I N G.

21. Magnus B

Magnus B

message from Sled:
    Been yesterday to visit a local friend,another car nut!He has some cars but not really junk...
    Anyway,just to show off his 58 Vette,frame off restored.Years ago he did all the Route 66 by himself from Guadalajara,Mexico up to Chicago and back to LA...aprox 7000 kms,alone!!
    His wife would'nt join him on the tour....he had good fun anyway!!
    He owns probably around 20 cars now,currently workin in an Impala 59 converible..
    the Ford 47 convertible is from him too...currently for sale!Older frame off resto,but good running car...

Attached Files:

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

From the same collection ,i did'nt know that my buddy owns a rare 57 Pontiac Starchief convertible,frame off restored..kinda rare car!
    Cool lines,a bit exagerated with the long Conti kit but very attractive indeed...
    good running car,very little used...
    NOT for sale,sorry

Attached Files:

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

It just keeps coming

Sled:
    it was a good day today!Found some good 40 Fords coupe /sedans ....a guy came and showed me his cars sittin,and the 40 coupe catually is in kinda solid shape...original flattie on too!
    and he told me i can have the Olds 54 Rocket engine from his sedan,for FREE!!!....he's not gonna use it!!
    Cool,i 'm happy about that...collectin parts for the next rod building,got some plans on the go!!!

Attached Files:

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

still more junk found ,was a profitable day...in a garage was sittin this Mercury 47 coupe,well...they use it as a storage place but car is not bad at all,i believe!
    and in another open air paint shop, (just a fu###n mess) a 66 Stang Fastback,solid body overall....
    I'm tryin to get the owner and see if is for sale....no results so far!!!

Attached Files:

25. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

26. Magnus B

Magnus B

Being a big Ford 33/34 lover I almost p*ssed my pants when I saw what Sled sent me today. Enjoy.

Sled:
    well,it was my day....in the same property of the 36 the old man opened up the werehouse and inside a 34 3 window was sittin there ....belongin to the family since long ago,from the granpa they told me....so,they have good memories on this one...
    not sure if they are willin to sell,let's see ....
    looks has a 33 hood but hey, a 3 window does'nt grow up in the trees....

Attached Files:

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

still the same day....after i left the property with the 34/36 3w been in town with another guy wich i just met and he told me about some other cars....we ended up in a garage were this 33 coupe was sittin.They bought it from a lady in the countryside,was sittin since more than 30 years...
    tried to play the game but guy does not wanna sell it for now...will see what comes up!!!

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

same shop,another 35 3w!!!well,what can i say???this belongs to the father,so they are tryin to build up a sort of street rod...i easily see they will destroy the thing forever!!
    no idea whatsoever on building correctly this stuff....
    the same guy owns also a 32 Ford panel since long ago...
    Yep,they are still out there....

Attached Files:

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

I screwed up, this post should be before the 34 3w above. Now Sleds story on that one makes more sense, since this is the 36 he's refering to.

Sled:
    3 window time again,been really lucky recently.Had some fast leads on old jalopys and followed in the countryside to a property where the cars were sittin...
    Yep,the old man had this 36 coupe abandoned but kinda solid...was a good surprise,did'nt expect a 3w!!!
    Yep,car is running...still with the original bench seat mounted,rare to find in these conds...
    Tryin to make a quick deal of course....
    Mexico is kinda unreal,you never know what you find out there....

Attached Files:

30. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sleds message:
    the last buy,just came in..had a friend who passed me this deal.55 Pontiac convertible,restorable project...don't know if is running yet!
    so,right now have in the garage 2 sister cars,will start one of those soon,full frame off restoration..both convertibles!
    also included in the car the Merc 50 front end i bought to speed up the "Swiss Cheese " kustom project...
    Gotta start shopping lots of chrome details for the ponchos,to save time at the distance..

Attached Files: