Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mexican Deuce on the Great Race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foul, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Foul

Foul

[​IMG]

A fella from Long Island's planning on running this year's Great Race (Concord, NC to Anaheim, CA) in the above 1932 Ford five-window that was once owned by Roquen Gonzalez Garza, the former president of Mexico. Flathead-powered, of course, with an Isky cam, Edelbrock heads and dual Strombergs. More pics and info at the Hemmings blog: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/06/08/dirt-track-racer/

dan

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What a cool story and absolutely fabulous car!
    THANKS FOR SHARING.

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

That Would Be So Much Fun

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wasn't this car recently at an RM auction? I remember lusting after it in one of their catalogs it seems like....

5. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

In another story with a Mexican connection.
    My brother and I are preparing a 1954 Olds 88 to compete in "La Carrera Pan American" in late October. Starts near Veracruz and ends in Monterrey. Should be an adventure.

6. Foul

Foul

7. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

That is one cool story. I am glad to see that someone kept a history to share with everyone.

Thanks for posting! RGV

8. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

that`s a 33-34 in the old picture?

9. SimonSez

SimonSez

10. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

I think that there might be some questions about the authenticity of this car. As I recall a similar vehicle was being shopped on ebay, Hemmings or the Ford V-8 web site a year or so ago. It caused quite a bit of a stir as it had a larger than stock rear window and at that time it had fenders. Since the it has acquired a patina paint job and a v8-with headers and a dropped headlight bar and all the sudden it turns up as this one of a kind roadracer????? Anybody else remember this deal. I probably shouldn't care, if a fake GTO's is worth $200,000 or you are having fun with a doctored deuce.

11. I saw it in person at Amelia Island, and if the patina was fake it was very well done. It did have a story-board complete with the Mexican "history", so if it is a fake they were bold about it.