Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metalshaping and Dent Repair Workshop San Jose June 12th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John_Kelly, May 14, 2005.

1. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

Hope this is not too off topic...I am traveling from Seattle to the Bay Area and will be putting on a metal shaping and dent repair workshop in San Jose/Bay area on sunday the 12th of June. The plan is to start at 9 am and go for 6-8 hours. This will be a loosely organized event. No more than 30 people...probably a lot less.

Demonstration of stretching, shrinking, and smoothing sheet metal using simple hand tools.

Mallet and shotbag for stretching, hammers and dollies for smoothing, tuck formers for shrinking with a steel hammer.

Discussion on making a motorcycle fender, fender flares, making curved flanges, dent repair and using a shrinking disc for metal finishing.....I will add to this as I think of things that might be of interest.

This will be for novice to intermediate skill levels. I’m still in the planning stages...any feedback appreciated. I may have a video demonstration as well.....not sure yet.

If someone in the area has an english wheel they can bring, please contact me. Eye and ear protection required! Please contact me as soon as you can to sign up: [email protected] Payment in advance is required. I accept paypal or your check. The fee is $75. It is refundable if for some reason the workshop does not take place. $50 of the fee is refundable to folks who are unable to attend after paying.

Attend at your own risk! Neither myself nor the shop owner will be liable for your safety.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com [email protected]

2. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

3. lownslow

lownslow

bttt ....... that sounds bitchin ... any plans to do one in los angeles ?

4. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

Maybe next time. This is a whirlwind tour by stepvan. I've had a few folks in LA interested, so maybe next year about this time?

Thanks for your interest, John www.ghiaspecialties.com

5. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

6. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i might need to borrow $75 off someone...

7. John_Kelly

John_Kelly