Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metallicas 'Some Kind Of Monster'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I don't know if this has been discusssd on here yet,but has anyone seen that Trad.rod lead singer for Metallica's James Hetfield was driving in thier new doc/movie 'Some Kind Of Monster'?the thing was pretty fuckin crude,but cool none the less :cool:

2. AssGasket

AssGasket

Metallica sucks balls...

I think Cole built a car or two for those tools, so I'm sure if it was one of his cars it would kick ass... I didn't see the video...

Maybe he built a car for Kirk... I think someone on here sold a car to James...

Sucky people can't destroy good cars through ownership... It's kind of like when Miret sold his shoebox to that rectum from Good Charolette....

3. aedan

aedan
    from ###

salinas boys built a 36 for kirk that thing looks pretty kool

4. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Metallica was mighty all the way to 'And Justice For All' and rectum form good charlotte LMAO :D sigh..if only it was legal to murder these 15 minutes of fame shitfuck teeny bopper bands.

5. AssGasket

AssGasket

I guess he and Roger are friends....

Still, I would think the rectum from Good Charolette is more at home in a pink Scion or something to that effect... I'll bet he had no clue that 3-speeds were ever on the column, and assumed the extra pedal was for the windshield washer fluid or the high beams.....

Think about the turds that had cool cars just because they were "around" back then... I'll bet Gary Glitter had some cool old cars, if you hose the little boy stains off the seats.....

6. McPhail

McPhail

That was my old T bucket that you saw in the movie...... I sold it to James several years ago..... It was kind of crude.........that was kind of the point of the car......Rob Fortier, Ryan, Anthony from the Shifters, Jimmy White and Skinny Jeff contributed parts and love for that car...... It was my first HotRod....Radshit hauled the engine and tranny out to California for me.......I got the 4 deuce manifold from Big Ric.......
    James drives the shit out of that car when he can.....it's not a long trip kind of vehicle...... I haven't seen the video yet........but I'm pretty sure he was on his way to Billetproof.......
    James is a fellow Beatnik.......he is one of my brothers......he is one of the few Rockstars who actually works on his cars........ He can weld........he soaks up historical information like a sponge....... he is 'fairly new' to the traditional rod and custom scene........it is very inspiring to watch him listen to old stories and lore that a lot of us take for granted, he's like a little kid.........I defend him because I don't want to see him lunked into the 'rockstars with torquewrenches' category........he's a very down to earth guy who has a true passion for vehicles and speed.........
    I'm not even going to get into an argument with the retard who says anything remotely negative about Metallica.........they are a legendary band. and they are all very good folk..........if someone wants to turn a post about a car into a post about how much they don't like Metallica, this is not the place for it.......

7. Radshit

Radshit

Outlaws on the run???

Attached Files:

8. Foul

Foul

9. My thoughts exactly. Jealousy and stupidity comes in all shapes and sizes.

10. Dan

Dan

Dennis - I only saw a quick snippet of the car in an ad for the movie, looks like the car was in flames when James was driving it?? I remember vaugely following the build of the car and enjoyed watching the progress - have any other changes happened to the car, substantially different from when you built it??

11. krupanut

krupanut

The best scene is when James is getting pulled over by the local authorities and has to pull the ear plugs out of his ears to hear the cop.

I can imagine the conversation,
    "Too loud? oh on officer it's not too loud." :D

He's most definitely hot rod crazy, you can see it in the huge shit eating grin on his mug while he's driving mcphails old T.

Although I'm not a big fan of metal music, I can really respect these guys longevity.
    I thought the film was really cool.
    And I'm all rockerbilly and shit. ;)

12. MP4/8

MP4/8

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting james, but I have talked to him on the phone several times. He is a really nice guy. He is a real car guy too. He has a small shop set up, with a lift, welder, small english wheel and planishing hammer, and a bunch of panel beating tools... Nothing real extravegent. Similar to what most of us would probably buy. And he gets out there and builds stuff himself. I was there a few months ago, and he had an older olds (I think) that he was doing a lot of custom metal work on.
    I've put air bags on two of his cars. One was the lincoln air bag install article in march 05 custom rodder.

13. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Always kinda liked Metallica myself. Saw them play a festival once, they were extremely cool.
    I didn't know James was a rodder, though. Fair play to the bloke.

14. Let me set the record straight. Rockstars with Torquewrenches was never a term I meant to be a slam. I think its cool these guys like cars.

15. TexV2

TexV2
    from Nor-Cal

I grew up in Novato CA..same town that James lives in...In high school we used to harass the shit out of him, and he always took the time to hang out with us dipshits if he could He would drive around town in this jacked up ,beat up, Black Chevy-Blazer with an enormous bull-rack on the front. He was just a good guy all the way around. I've seen him rippin around in that roadster a few times and he has the biggest shit eatin grin on his face. Shit...I would too.

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

How about the part where he gtes pulled over by Livermore cops on his way to BILLETPROOF? He must have been really bummed when we didn't let him in bacause he was really late. If I'd known about the cop thing I'd have made an exception. Rock star status don't mean shit but getting pulled over is something different.

17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When does the video come out? I hear it's mostly the band sittin around bitchin at each other, but I don't care, I still want to see it.

When I was 14, I heard Kill 'Em All for the first time and it changed my life. Just like the generation before me with the Beatles.

-Abone.

18. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Man Dennis,

I remember when you pulled into StrayKat a few years ago in that bucket. Excellent man! I think you were about def after that trip though. That is where that first picture was taken before the flames were on it. Man that is a cool ride.

later,
    monkey

19. RF

RF

I like when people say "I think..." That means, "I don't really know, but I will comment anyways because I am somebody and have an opinion." Well, I think your name is very fitting of your opinion.

Not speaking for any other "rock star", Hetfield is the real deal. Like his music or not, unlike his other two bandmates (Trujillo excluded), he's into cars below the surface. When Kirk's '36 is done, do you think you'll ever see him with it anywhere Cole would be? No way. And where was it that James was en route in the McPhoolio T to in the video?

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Love them, seen them several times when I lived in SF.. I think its great that he has time to play with the hotrods and will attend shows...

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, he came by the BP booth at the SF show acouple of weeks ago and shot the shit about our date and stuff for this year.

P.S. RF I "think" you're HOT!

22. RF

RF

Kirk, that was rhetorical! Haven't you learned anything being a "Good" editor?

Oh, and I "am" hot...just ask me!

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

I rarely learn anything.

24. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

What's the Beatles ? [​IMG]

25. 30roadster

30roadster

I have a confession to make.... sandman is my ringtone :eek:

26. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

McPhail,i dug the car its bad ass man,and i too love Metallica tho am more into thier older stuff and have been listening and playing'pretty fuckin crudly' LOL thier music as well.and DO watch their new Doc.Some Kind Of Monster when you get the chance as it was damn good and as a musician and Metal fan it hit home for me. again i mentioned the car here becuase i figured many would get a kick out of it and that someone one here may have built it and i was right and it was no way to bash the band or the people in it or the car.

27. it's cool Hetfield is into cars. Even at a "tinkerer" level. Gotta give him credit for that!

I got some really cool 12" vinyls of Metallica, Jump in the Fire and Creeping Death for sure... and some other stuff. Loved Master of Puppets.

Jay

28. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

James's Lincoln is in the SKOM doc. it is TOTALLY bitchin :cool:

29. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Its out now.

30. AssGasket

AssGasket

Yes, I THINK, therefore I AM.....

Eat shit, guy... If you want to bitch about the BAND, then FINE... They bit the hand that fed them... They would have gotten nowhere if it wouldn't have been for the underground tape trading that made their name a household word... But, NAPSTER comes along, and they want to cry about people downloading their shitty songs.... Something a bit out of place...??? According to "Garage Inc." they came from punk rock roots, and the LAST THING anyone of that background would do is compromise their musical integrity for MONEY... METALLICA DID... end of story.... I know that LARS had the biggest piece of that pie, but no one in the band stopped him.........

I said "I THINK" because I didn't want to give some kid FALSE INFORMATION... I couldn't remember the name of the HAMB'er who sold him the car, so I gave that particular answer...... Same went for KIRK's car... It was all information that I didn't really care about, so I didn't take the time to REMEMBER it fully....

I DON'T know James Hetfield, and I don't care... I have better things to do than stroke the metaphorical cocks of rockstars... Bottom line is that his band sold out... Bands are like a TRUE democracy... EVERYONE has a say in things... HE could have stopped the bullshit....

I don't care if they covered DISCHARGE and the ANTI-NOWHERE LEAGUE....

The "Backdoor Boys" or "N-Suck", or some other shitty corporate boy-band was dancing around on hot-rods, but that doesn't make them "cool"....

"ZZ TOP" launched a red paint billett air-brushed generation..... They still suck......

By the way, if you still want to discuss this shit, PM me... I'm not wasting board space on this......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.