Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Metallica Carshow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McPhail, Mar 20, 2012.

1. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

I saw Metallica back in 93 in San Diego with Suicidal. Ron Halfords "FIGHT" and Candle Box too. Great show.

2. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Brilliant! I had no idea James & Kirk were into this sort of thing. What a cool event! Man I wish I could attend. :(

3. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

ditto

4. MercMark

MercMark

I'm a huge Metallica fan, seen them in concert 3 times now... I knew James was a car guy but didn't realize he had as many as he did. Googled it and got pics of a bunch - pretty sure he also has a little T bucket.

Attached Files:

5. deto

deto

black angels and suicidal tendencies would be a cherry on top. saw metal licka 2 years ago. They still destroy...

6. And that little T used to be McPhail's........so we've come full circle. Everybody feel good now?:)

7. There is a beautiful custom '36 that is quite similar to Hammets here In Australia. Was built years ago in California from what I hear.

8. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

Since the b and n are next to each other i'll excuse you but those that do not know who Rob Halford is;

http://youtu.be/ji2UPxpB37w

9. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Hmmmm Intresting

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I'd go to the car show, but what if I don't like Metallica?

11. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Also Rick Dore's Crimson Ghost or Misfit not sure bout the name, that i can remember on top of my head and a bunch more i dont. Impeccable taste.

12. Taff

Taff

smuggle me in your trunk?

13. slepe67

slepe67

NO SHIT! I burst out laughing at 0:09. My wife thought I was losing my mind

14. slepe67

slepe67

OMG I cant stop laughing!

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think Rick Dore has convinced me to go. Trying to work it out with frequent flyer miles.

Not a Metallica (I don't like or dislike them) fan, but James has always been great to me. I'll be going for the cars and friends.

Plus I heard that May Cause Dangerous might make an appearance!

16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

$150 is a steal for a car show and that many bands, but I'd be most excited about these guys.

Oops, sorry for talking music.

carry on

17. raymay

raymay

My nephew was one of the invited contributing artist at the Metallica art exhibit "Obey Your Master" this past January. He said these are a great group of guys who have a passion for art and cars. Should be a great event in Jersey.

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Ive seen coverage of that show and it was absolutley awesome. To B totally honest a couple of totally junk pieces were present, but isnt that the norm? Overall some great paintings and stuff.

That COE is :O i wonder if its staying like that or gettin a transformation.

19. I put in an application a few weeks ago to get my car in the show. Realistically, I have no shot, I'm sure it will be full of high dollar customs and shop built rides, but I figured why not at least chance it, free tickets to a great metal show, right?

PS: SLAYER RULES!!!
    I started a Facebook page a couple of years ago called "Tom Araya for President in 2012" :D
    It's kinda dead now, I stopped keeping up with it and I think FB killed it. Yes, I know he can't be president, it's a joke.

Or is it??????

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  20. choppednslammed

choppednslammed

Last saturday a young girl at the ice cream place told me I looked like James Hetfeild, then she says you probably don't even know who that is..I laughed and told her I was listening to them when nobody knew who the hell they were back in '85........kids...lol

21. McPhail

McPhail

Still looking for rides, send in those applications!...... Another added attraction of the carshow section of the show will be an artshow featuring hotrod and tattoo art......

22. I got accepted for the show!! Totally did not expect this!!

Thank you for your application. This is to inform you that you’re Car / Bike
    has been accepted for Orion Music + More Custom Car + Motorcycle Show
    that will be held June 23 – 24, 2012 at Bader Field, Atlantic City N.J....
    We will be contacting you no later than June 4 with a map of the entrance
    that we will be using to get the Cars / Bikes into the show area and also
    instructions regarding picking up your Orion Music + More Festival tickets.
    For any questions please contact: xxxxxxxxx
    Thanks again

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  23. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Wow.... I havent laughed that hard in a long time at those videos....

24. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Wait till you see the prices for the hotel rooms in the area ............. WTF

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

25. Yeah, already been looking. Gonna stay outside of AC I think.
    It's a 2 hour drive for me, but it would probably cost me the same in gas (if not more) back and forth twice than to just get a room.

26. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

Fuck yea, I got picked to. Awesome and to top it off my parents live 5 minutes away across the bay so I dont even have to get a room.

27. Nice!!

28. 1929Essex

1929Essex

i'm in too, can we stay with your parents too?

29. Oh Damn. I just found some KOOL happenings going on that I need to attend

30. So I asked a few questions, and one of them was "What happens to the cars overnight, do we leave them at the field?" and the answer was yes, they want us to leave them there (and they mentioned there would be plenty of security). I had intended to drive my car there, now it's looking like we'll need to trailer them, which of course I don't have truck nor trailer.
    Time to beg and borrow, lol. Hopefully not have to rent, or I might not be able to afford renting a trailer, truck, lodging, etc.