Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metalflake steering wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magsnubby, Jan 16, 2011.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Does anyone besides Speedway make a 13" metalflake steering wheel? The only other ones i can find are the 15" ones from Mooneyes. I'm looking for one for my T-Bucket and a 15" wheel would be to big.

I hear both good and bad about Speedway's 'flake wheels. My experience with Speedway's parts has been mediocre at best.

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

D&S hot rod parts has the 13.5 metal flake wheels. Google them.

There are some 12" wheels on Egay.

3. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The ones you are looking at are the round hole wheels. Check the link in my post. Those are the slotted wheels. Those are offered in 13.5 and 15 inch.

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

There's a ton of 'em on Ebay...

6. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I rechecked your link. Looks like they have both types. Wonder if they'll make those in 13".

7. rebstew187

rebstew187

A little off what you are asking but I have one from Speedway. I'm not sure about the other colors but I got a red one and hate it. The tone is more pink than red. Even against red interior the wheel looks pink. So if you have no choice other than to go with a Speedway think twice if you are going for a red one.

8. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The slotted flake wheels are offered in 13". Below is from the link.

Mooneyes is proud to present our very own Metal Flake steering wheels series beginning with the most popular slotted spoke steering wheels and four of the top metal flake colors: Red, Green, Blue and Silver. All four colors available in two sizes: 13.5" and 15" diameters.

9. I just recieved my new RED flake from Speedy, the color is good, but the chrome leaves much to be desired. If the color was lame, it would have gone back without thinking. Always hit or miss with Speedway.

10. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

That's why i didn't want to take a chance with them.