Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Metal working madman!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Nov 15, 2015.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Kenny, who owns a 54 Plymouth that I started doing the work on, and gradually, turned over the bodywork to him, doesn't come here often, but I had to show off his work!
    I've been teaching him how to do fabrication and bodywork for a few years, and he is absolutely amazing. He has tons of patience, and learns pretty quickly. He started off with MIG, then learned to TIG, , which he does most often, unless he cannot access the backside of the work. His metalfinishing skills are phenomenal, as shown here. He fixed the rust on this quarter panel, and then made the scooped opening. He also rechopped the back of his Plymouth, to go about a half inch lower, and it is also amazing. When he rechopped the car, he didn't like the extended catwalk I did, so he moved the window back to where the panel was short again, and extended the trunk lid to make up the difference. I'll be no one will even notice, but the time and amount of work that goes into the things he does is off the wall! He even sectioned the rocker panel an inch, so when we put the car on another chassis, and channel it, it will sit that one inch lower.
    I just felt I had to give his the praise he deserves, and show his work off to the world, since the only people to see it in the last year or more, have been visitors to my shop. 100_1561.JPG 100_1562.JPG 100_1154.JPG 100_0774.JPG

2. jerseymike

jerseymike

need to see this on the road more often! really looking good.

3. brady1929

brady1929

Nice work, wish I was that good

4. Awesome work I love metal work and this is amazing I try to make as many parts as possible on my build so much more satisfaction. Hobo Jim