Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical metal bonding glues help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobalt333, Mar 11, 2015.

  1. im going to bond some metal on my thinking of using lord fusor..question is for those out there that use this or another brand..where is the place that has this and the gun and all for the cheapest? and is there another brand that costs less and does the this is for a large area on the fender

    Attached Files:

  2. RMR&C
    Joined: Dec 26, 2009
    Posts: 3,128

    from NW Montana

  3. Autodave
    Joined: Jul 28, 2013
    Posts: 125

    from Menifee,Ca

    Autobody toolmart has some good prices. Fusor is a good brand, other brands are going to be similar priced. I'm not sure how much your going to do but they make a small cartridge, but I would recommend the bigger one and buy some extra static mixing tips. They usually only come with two tips.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Register now to get rid of these ads!

  5. If you are planning to glue patch panels on your car.....Don't....adhesives expand and contract at different rates than metal...if you are putting a quarter on, a door skin, ok but patch panels are a big no no....
  6. Shaggy
    Joined: Mar 6, 2003
    Posts: 5,208

    from Sultan, WA

  7. Dustan
    Joined: Oct 19, 2014
    Posts: 262

    from PNW

    I don't know what you would be using a large amount on a fender for. The only time I use this stuff is when I do a door skin. You put it on and brush it around the door shell then hammer your door skin on around it. I wouldn't use it for much anything else.
    JimSibley likes this.
  8. Like Dustan said. Stuff is like 30 bucks for a little tube as well. Forget that idea.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.