Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical metal bonding glues help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobalt333, Mar 11, 2015.

1. im going to bond some metal on my ride...im thinking of using lord fusor..question is for those out there that use this or another brand..where is the place that has this and the gun and all for the cheapest? and is there another brand that costs less and does the same..thanks...ps this is for a large area on the fender

Attached Files:

2. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Autobody toolmart has some good prices. Fusor is a good brand, other brands are going to be similar priced. I'm not sure how much your going to do but they make a small cartridge, but I would recommend the bigger one and buy some extra static mixing tips. They usually only come with two tips.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

3. If you are planning to glue patch panels on your car.....Don't....adhesives expand and contract at different rates than metal...if you are putting a quarter on, a door skin, ok but patch panels are a big no no....

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

5. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

I don't know what you would be using a large amount on a fender for. The only time I use this stuff is when I do a door skin. You put it on and brush it around the door shell then hammer your door skin on around it. I wouldn't use it for much anything else.

JimSibley likes this.
  6. Like Dustan said. Stuff is like 30 bucks for a little tube as well. Forget that idea.