Register now to get rid of these ads!

Met a couple HAMBers on the weekend, old beet rules!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket88, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Rocket88

Rocket88

Made a power run to south Seattle on Saturday to meet up the the CGkidd.
    We brought rocket parts do do some sellin' and swappin'. Great guy, sure knows a lot about Olds motors.
    Eric, send me a PM with your address, I've got a couple things to send you. [​IMG]

On the way back I made another stop to see old beet.
    He had a Caddy Sombrero I needed for my car.
    We spent the afternoon cruisin around in his Merc, he took me to a couple of his buddies hot rod shops in the area.
    Got see some cool rides being built and met some pretty interesting characters.
    Then it was back to old beet's place for a couple cold ones.
    By that time we had already loaded up my truck with 2 mint Sombreros and a set of 49 Caddy wheels.
    When I asked him what I owed him he said "don't worry about it" I couldn't believe my ears!
    He said I'm not using them, you need them for your car, you can have them.
    Beetle, I can't thank you enough, that was totally unexpected!
    If there is ever anything I can do for you just let me know!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool! Its amazing the help and the brotherhood created on this forum. Aren't we lucky to have found it.
    Go Hamb! Go Beetle!

3. Jeff,
    I coulda told you longtime ago that oldbeet rules!LOL
    Man I wish I had of known you were going to meet CGkidd,I woulda bought his 3.25 posi off of him and got you to bring it home.
    Sounds like you had a blast......Shiny

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

Sent you a PM. Yeah the couple of times I met Old Beat he has been real cool. I hope you can put those parts to good use.
    Eric

5. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

I will second er "third" the fact that oldbeet rules! He cut the glass for my truck and only asked that I help him with his computer as repayment. [​IMG]

6. Rocket88

Rocket88

Eric, the parts a great!
    That decal we were talking about is a water transfer, it and a few others are coming your way.

Shiny, I noticed a Way Back Garage decal sitting on Beetle's coffee table!
    Where's mine?? lol....
    I had a really good time, and the weather was perferct for taking a power run!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Why doesn't this post surprise me?? Old Beet's been nothing but generous to lots of HAMB folks, myself included. He's a great guy and I'm looking forward to our paths crossing in person soon. [​IMG]

8. wayfarer

wayfarer

I can't say enough about the guy either. He offered to cut the glass for fleetmaster's car for free. Emilio is very appreciative of this. Can't wait to meet him in person.

9. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, Beetles the man. Hes becoming legendary... His kids are cool too!

10. old beet

old beet

You are all too kind! Been playin with cars since 1955, have been helped thousands of times by "HOTRODDERS". Thats what so great about this. So good to see the young people interested, to keep this goin. I could have never built anything without help from people that "dun it before". I can give stuff away to someone that can use it, but I got stuff I "Wouldn't sell to my Mother"....Still a "Fuckin Hoodlum" Thanks................OLDBEET

11. CGkidd

CGkidd

Hey Rocket88 give the guys at Delta cams a call they still have a couple of cams laying around which will work in your rocket.
    Eric