Register now to get rid of these ads!

Messages.....am I missing something

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by ekimneirbo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Is there something on site that tells you someone sent you a message other than just clicking on the message tab? Be nice if it flashed or something.........

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

How do you view the site, through an app?

For me the little envelope is red when there's a new message and gray when there's nothing new to see.

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

It turns red . here ill show ya

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I have never noticed any difference in the envelope. I'm color blind to greens and grays. It looks like a dirty white color to me with red lines for the flap. There isn't any email in my in box.

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

my bad . i hit up Brett , here

-Brent- likes this.
  6. I get an email when someone starts a conversation with me Mike, i guess i clicked that box in my "preferences"

7. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Talk about a dumba** that can't see the forest for the trees...........well this time its ME ! o_O DUH ! Ok now I see that its the tab around the envelope that turns bright red and not the envelope itself. Thanks Harpo1313.

Yes, I get that also, I just don't check my email everyday. I went thru several changes from my service provider over the years and had to deal with changing the @xxxxxx.com crap. They made my previous email unavailable and I couldn't access it any longer which created problems with existing things I had set up. Went thru a deal where one day my computer started having issues with the internet/wifi. Contacted provider and they told me my router wasn't talking to my modem. Went and bought new router. They said it still wasn't talking and suggested different brand. Bought different brand. Still not talking. Went and bought a new "combo" router/modem and it wouldn't talk to itself. Went and bought a new computer and it wouldn't work. Spent about 17 hours over a few days talking to techs from different companies. Was at my wits end (short trip) when during a conversation with my service provider, the tech said...."You know we changed an internal code a while back, let me reset that". Bingo, everything worked. Hooked up my old computer and everything worked on it too.
    So when @TWC changed to @spectrum, I created a @gmail account with the idea that if I lost access to the @TWC I would already have another account. Spectrum didn't cancel all the @TWC accounts but its supposed to transfer any emails I get @TWC to my @gmail. About half of them transfer and half don't. I don't know why it does that but I gave up trying to fix it. I'm a computer illiterate and I just live with my affliction. My G-mail gets all the junk mail too, so I have to sort and delete everytime I go there.:confused:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. The envelope in the center, top right will be RED when you receive a new message.

BTW, I sent you a message so it should be lite up now. HRP