Register now to get rid of these ads!

mercury fe rocker covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustybones, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rustybones

rustybones

hey guys i was looking for some rocker covers for my fairlane and found these they are definately FE ford anyone know what they come off and what year ?and engine displacement ?never seen them before.thanks chris

Attached Files:

2. rustybones

rustybones

and i know their mercury ;)

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try Jimmy in New zealand , he make some cool custom castings and can make you a pattern from the start to cast from for any thing. I have seen some Mercury fe type cover he has made.
    www.ace-customs.com

4. rustybones

rustybones

nah i just bought these mate just want to know what there from

5. I had a original set off a 1966 390....maybe available on some other years before or after :confused:

6. I think they are off a 63 to 66 410 Merc

7. Fuzzy Knight is correct, I think. Probably the best looking factory valve covers ever made....IMO.

8. vertible59

vertible59

I think they are '65 up Mercury 390 valve covers. AKA pentroof valve covers.

9. They are,as vertible59 states, '65 and up Merc. 390 or 410. Ford used the same ones without the Merc logo. You can buy them in chrome from Tony Branda Cobra parts.

10. R Pope

R Pope

I had a '64 Marauder 390 with them on it.

11. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

i have a set they are good looking valve covers.

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

have seen some before on a mid sixties maurader ! i want a set of the earlier raised letter mercury fe ones !

13. Verminator

Verminator

65-66 Mercury covers. I had Advance Plating chrome a set for my 57 Fairlane Gasser 390 powered with Edelbrock Cross Ram -- Covers look AWESOME and are nearly as tall as the manifold !!! ...can't believe ya can buy Chrome repops now.......

14. Then they were swapped on. Those are '65 up. '64 and earlier were rounded and were solid. No oil/vent caps. I have two sets of '64's in my garage.

15. I think there may be a production run timing issue here as far as year goes. The Doc in my humble small town Had a 64 Merc 4 door hard top with the slanted elec rear window with a 427 Oiler in it!!! It had these valve covers on it and they bought it new!!! What a fucking sleeper!!!!!! Lt green met with a silver top i think

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

The earlier "baldy" style Mercury covers. The FE gurus that I know say that these were used up through 64. I know the 1964 427 Ford engine used the baldy style covers. One of my buddies has a set of the factory chromed Mercury pent roof style and according to him they are 66.

17. retromotors

retromotors

Awesome covers ..... both styles!

Personally I'd forego the chrome, do 'em up in a nice color with the lettering picked out. Classy!:D

18. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

there's a bunch of early 60's merc guys that would love to have those. To replace their baldy's. Slap em on ebay and they will dissappear real quick.

19. rustybones

rustybones

found them here in oz will look great with my tripowered 390 in my 59 club victoria thanks for all the great info fellas

20. rustybones

rustybones

gee i really like these ones too the red lettering looks great

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Unrelated, but I have a pair of Mercury Y-block valve covers. The font is not nearly that interesting though, just block letters. I pulled them in a yard thinking they were kinda cool, if anyone wants them for a hot rod project, let me know.

22. They would most likely be this style not the Mercury script from the OP. They are Pent head style however not the regular "baldies". that being said I've learned to NEVER use the word Never when it comes to Ford using what ever is on hand in the parts bin!

Attached Files:

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Don't know about Aussie merc stuff but my '66 s55 (428) has a set just like these and I've seen gold ones on 2-barrel '65's way back when