Register now to get rid of these ads!

mercs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nh-lead-man, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Maybe this will help some- from the 1950 Merc Body Parts Catologue:)

Mine came with- Factory two tone,glovebox light,trunk light,single rear speaker, kick out rear wings,non-od,and what I believe to be stock-wing window "shades" as mentioned earlier.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  2. Bounder

Bounder

Mine has all that except the rear speaker but it looks like a speaker has been back there, holes in the metal. Has lights under the dash shining down on the floor, at each door. There is a light in the ignition switch but my hand is too big to get in to replace it.

3. WWinIL

WWinIL

Monarch and Meteor (aka,ford shoebox) notice the grill on the Meteor. Where are you getting your VIN info? The actual body plate on the car?

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. Bounder

Bounder

Well at first I was going by the title but of course it is probably wrong. I have also looked on the passenger side firewall. So far it just don't seem right. Guess I'm just gonna have to check the frame.

5. RR496

RR496

WWinIL: That 11-passenger Flagship Sky Coach is RAD! Love to see one of those out on the road. Do you know how many of those they made? Anyone ever seen one?

6. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I dont think any of them in 1949-1950 were listed as a Monterey? I have only found by working on mine that it is either Coupe 2dr or it is 4dr Sports Sedan or Woody? I have never seen any Monterey emblem yet unless it was put on as an aftermarket thing.

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Here's a neat looking Merc 'Fast back" as shown in the 1949-51 Mercury Overhaul Manual.
    Wonder where they were made?

Attached Files:

8. b-bob

b-bob

Back in the early fifties, my dad had a 4-door Merc that was two-tone. It was a light and dark brown. Also had a coupe that was two shades of grey.
    Of course these were Canadian cars , I never thought it was unusual.