Register now to get rid of these ads!

Merc guy from Iowa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by IowaMercMan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Hi everyone! My name is Walt. I drive a '64 Mercury Marauder.

It's a survivor car, a driver, with all the warts you'd expect from a 40+ year-old car. a 20-footer.
    Definitely not a show car, trailer queen, concourse restoration. No billet.

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=41562&g2_navId=xcba93a02

it looks different from the pics today, now I'm running wide whites and stock wheels painted black.

2. 5window

5window

Howdy.Hawkeye.

3. carmak

carmak

Hey there Hiawatha!

That is one nice ride! About 5 years back my brother (in Iowa City) had a near twin Park Lake Marauder 2dr HT. It wall all salmon outside with black buckets and a console. I think someone in the Iowa City is restoring it.

Are you comming down to the Sycamore Cruise in Iowa City this Friday night? It's typically 200+ cars.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

4. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Hey fellow Haweyes I grew up in Cedar Rapids. Left in 81 for Oklahoma!

Tell me about the Sycamore cruise please. I will be in Iowa City this weekend.

Thanks

5. yes, I am planning to be at Sycamore Mall on Friday. Have never been to that cruise-in, but several guys from Cedar Rapids said it's fun. Won't be staying long because my grandson is riding shotgun and he doesn't have much stamina for these things!!

Look me up! How will I know you?

6. Bosco - Sycamore Mall in Iowa City on Friday night. 3rd Friday of every month, this is the last one of the summer.

7. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

sounds cool welcome from ga

8. Hey hiawatha
    i am from davenport - welcome - do you go to any flyin eyeball shows or anything with the wizzzard ???

9. carmak

carmak

Bosco1956,
    The link below is for Mapquest. The star marks the spot. It's a Friday night cruise

As my 57 Caddy isn't on the road yet I'll be driving a burnt orange 71 GTO and wearing a bright orange "Cermak Automotive" shirt. My brother drives a burnt orange 70 Road Runner and does on accation also wear an orange "Cermak Automotive" shirt (it is actually his shop) so if you run into him he can usually point you towards me.

I hope to you and Hiawatha there.

10. carmak

carmak

11. Have met him, but don't know him well. I went to the Tiki show that he put on this spring at Ellis Park in CR.

I hope I'm thinking of the same guy.... long white beard? Had a bad experience with the floods in June?

12. Yes a veeerrrrrry bad experience with the floods and a long white beard-he puts on a show mid-august in davenport at the mississippi valley fairgrounds-wish it would pick up for him-i have met some of the famous pinstripers there and david perry the photographer/author-it is a good time-just wish it would pull the "hunnert car pile-up"size crowd