Register now to get rid of these ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohammed Ali

Mohammed Ali

Dear All, after 20+ yrs of dreaming, I finally acquired a mercury lead sled 51. Now starts the hard part of converting it to my dream car. The car is in Ohio and is a mild custom that has been nosed, decked, shaved, recessed antenna, rounded hood corners upfront and rounded and molded on back of hood. It currently has a molded 50 merc front end with frenched headlights and ribbed bumper. Body and floor rust free. It was built in 90s sits on a 90s chassis with power steering and power disc brakes. has 350 chevy V8 with headers and dual exhaust with Th350 trans. I am open to all kinds of suggestions and recommendations. I would like to build a unique, safe, dependable and reliable car that can withstand desert heat daily operation. It has to sound and look very badass, but not looking to race it but should be fun to drive/cruise and sprint. I like high tech so want an EFI max 500hp with 6-7 speed gearbox and infotainment. Air ride is a must as well as front and rear Aircon is a must, best/largest radiator and cooling system. Open to engineering recommendations before I move into aesthetics and accessories.

Attached Files:

2. Mohammed Ali

Mohammed Ali

whats the best custom chasis for a 51 merc? acautos.com or Roseville Rod and Custom or Scotts Hotrods or other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.