Register now to get rid of these ads!

Memory Lane will be closing it's doors after 18 years!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fomocochoptop, Jun 19, 2009.

1. fomocochoptop

fomocochoptop

Memory Lane will be closing it's doors after 18 years!
    So bring your tools and come get great deals
    Everything must go
    Last day doors will be open is 6/27/09

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

wow really?? that sucks... i'm sure there will be some good stuff to buy tho..

3. are they in wilmington now from sun valley?.....it's been a while for me. why are they closing?

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Too bad! But the last time i checked with them a driver's side rear inner structure they wanted 300$, so maybe if they lowered their prices a bit?? Or maybe they lost the lot?? Convenient but very $$$$$$$$$! They were more affordable and friendly when they were in Sun Valley IMO.

Ian

5. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

Just dropped by there the other day. The owner said they are trying to close by the end of the month. everythings on sale for real. I just picked up a set of front and rear 55 pontiac split bumpers, 60 desoto batwing taillights, 57 and 8 plymouth tail lights, a wiper motor for my 59 caddy, a wiper motor for my 65 caddy, a really really cool bullet tail light from i have no idea what, and that was for $200. half the stuff is still on the shelves, and if you talk to them they seem really really cool. My friend just bought a 47 ford truck that was really straight and mostly complete from them for 1000$ also. They even offered to deliver it for him. I think they just want the stuff gone at this point. owner said that if you bring your own tools they might even cut u a deeper discount if the parts still on a car. Happy hunting all. -GothY-

Oops. They're in wilmington for those who dont know. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Can somebody post the address or directions, please?

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

lets see some pic!! I love cutting up cars!

8. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

I don't usually bash shops or peeps... but this place always was on my short list of places not to go.

If their prices were reasonable instead of ripoff they wouldn't be closing.

Each time I went there - Sun Valley - Wilmiington - the prices they quoted were more than the prices of new. They knew what they had and if you wanted it that bad you had to pay.... $150 for a pair of Chevelle rear control arm braces, $750 for a Cadillac intake manifold. No way!

On principle I refused to buy anything there and told everyone I knew not to buy stuff there. I don't mind paying market prices - even though I know they paid $200 for they the whole car and they want $75 for a rear window regulator. It's paying $300 for a regulator that got me.

Even with all the pump ups from Car Craft they are going bust.

Now if only Cadillac King can go the same way....

9. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Its at 1320 E. Lomita Blvd just east of Avalon Blvd ....go north on Eubank if you come from PCH.

Good Luck and may you find a smokin' deal.

10. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

11. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

I'll have to make it out to memory lane in the next few days...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  12. fomocochoptop

fomocochoptop

Just a reminder- saturday is the last day- still have lots of good stuff loose.

13. Sando

Sando
    from Burbank CA

Bummer....Tony used to hook me up pretty good.
    I was spoiled because they were so close to me, I havent gone there since they moved to Wilmington

14. oldcarlvr

oldcarlvr
    from irvine

the address is:
    1320 E Lomita Blvd.
    Wilmington, CA 90744
    310 513 7036

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I personally thought that their prices were a bit steep, but for others that needed it now, they had what you wanted. I haven't been out to the Wilmington locale,but it seems like it was short lived.
    In L.A. we need a yard like this as there aren't any "fields of dreams" in the vast land of concrete and too many people. I hope that someone steps up and takes the name and relocates the business so there will be a place to grab a 54 pontiac grille or the like.

16. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I always loved to hate them for their high prices, but it's never a plus to have fewer options to buy parts. I'm surprised they don't just sell on eBay or something. I guess the recssion/housing has reduced the people willing or able to pay their high prices

17. Who is going over there before Friday?

I need a few things, but I'd like to know whats there before driving 100+ miles.

PM me for a short list. I don't want to call them, they will say they have it and then they wont.

Thanks

18. Mojo

Mojo

I couldn't believe the prices they were wanting... $150 for a mustang seat? Very unrealistic. No wonder they were able to keep all that great inventory.

19. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Too bad to hear about this!! I went there about ten years ago, and being from the east coast, I was amazed that a yard could have that many parts and cars in one place. Try finding a set of 66 charger quarter panels, rust free and cut to your liking for less than $1000.00. Amazing and sad all at once.

20. Swede64

Swede64

They have been on ebay. Saw some 1964 Olds stuff they had but íf i remember right the starting price was pretty high.

21. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

This sucks!!! With MemoryLane closing down, finding these parts is going to be alot harder and not as convenient. Ive been dealing with all the guys at MemoryLane for over ten years and Ive never had a bad experience.Prices too high??? These parts arent being made anymore, its not like you can walk into autozone and find this shit.

22. WTF?!? How will I get into my driveway? Oh wait, your talking about a business. WHEW! I actually live on "Memory Lane". Our street sign is stolen at least 2-3 times per year! The Pizza guys get lost and that's how we usually notice it is missing again LOL

23. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

damn! wish I would of saw sooner they are just down the block from my house

24. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

Sad to see it go. Is there anything else out there like it?

25. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

26. Prices too high??? These parts arent being made anymore, its not like you can walk into autozone and find this shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they don't need to charge an arm and a leg for it and then be dicks about it too. THAT'S what chapped my ass about that place. After their guy pulled a part off for me the guy behind the counter got all snotty with me so I told him to make a suppository out of it and walked out never to return. I still won't go back there, I don't care how cheap their shit is. Gee, sorry to see ya go............

27. VonKool13

VonKool13

I don't know why people are talking shit on these guys, I bought two running Hemi's and pulled them right from the cars for $500 each with everything still bolted to them. Great prices.

28. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

I bought a running 350/350 combo w/ edelbrock intake and carb, headers and ARP bolts throughout the engine for $700. I dont know which decade some of you whiners are living in but thats pretty damn cheap! And as far as them being dicks? I dont know I wasnt there, maybe you were being a dick, i dont fucking know...but theyre prices have always been reasonable in my mind (its a bussiness so they cant give shit away), normally I wouldnt give two shits about people bashing other people, but I personally dealt with them for many years and felt I should voice my opinion