Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Memorial Day weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 24, 2019.

1. catdad49

catdad49

Hope this belongs here, My Tribute. IMG_1890.jpg

dan31, BLUSHU, edcodesign and 11 others like this.
  2. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i always honor our vets, and always set a extra plate and glass at the table for the ones that can't be here. my grandfathers both fought in ww2 and it was one of them who taught me to set the extra setting. my hat is off to all vets past and present. some of us just gave a little time but some gave all and should never be forgotten.

Petejoe, Jim Bouchard, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MY KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL PIX 001.jpg MY KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL PIX 001.jpg MY KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL PIX 002.jpg

26Troadster, edcodesign, RDR and 11 others like this.
  4. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Looks like that puppy is waiting for the family to return. Everyone have a great Memorial Day Weekend. God Bless all.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

5. Thanks to the brave men who paid it all for God, family, and country. I love the U.S. of A. 20190311_140722.jpeg 20190205_133409.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TFoch, dan31, 26Troadster and 13 others like this.
  6. To those who made the ultimate sacrifice to keep their family's safe, to defend liberty at home and abroad, and keep their country the home of the brave and the land of the free.

Thank You!

Flag_A_Sunset.jpg

32_USA_Deuce_Roadster_4b.jpg

44592_Johnny_CashRagged_Old_Flag.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

8. Thanks for the info, that was great.

9. I used to go visit a neighbor who was at Pearl Harbor that fatefull Dec 7th. He would tell me his war stories. Never changed a word of them over the years. sadly he has passed away. His wife told me I am the only person he ever told the storys .

10. I never served because at that time in my life I was a farmer and we were exempt from service to supply food and milk. Always been proud of those who served. Gob Bless America !!!

11. Deuces

Deuces

Amen!!!!!.....

12. My father, rest his soul, was USMC all his life, once a Marine always a Marine. Turns out he served in Korea, never talked about it or his time in the Corp, not even to my Mom. Sometimes I guess bad things are best left unspoken. I ALWAYS ALWAYS go out of my way to thank a member of our armed services for EVERY sacrifice they have made for me. Remember these "HOLIDAYS" for what they really are. SEMPER FI,,, HUG A VET and enjoy the day.....Mitch.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  13. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

My dad was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. He would never talk about much. He was proud of his ship being the first out of the Harbor when it was bombed. He was on the USS St Louis aka Lucky Lou. He was in the boiler room.
    Took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together then it dawned on me what it took to get a cold ship under way. It seen a lot of action after Pearl He would talk to my son about things no one had ever know before. Humble respect, to all who have served and gave so much for our freedom.

14. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Just got back from the annual Columbus rod run. It’s been on Memorial Day weekend since it’s start 45 years ago. Last night at the banquet they had all of us veterans stand up to recognize us before the meal.

15. Remembering and honoring all are hero's who payed the ultimate price. God bless the US of A.

26Troadster, Deuces and mbailey99gt like this.
  16. X-cpe

X-cpe

My dad is a Pearl Harbor survivor. He turns 99 in August. It's hard to think he was just a 21 year old kid when that happened. The same age as the kids I teach. We know that if such a burden was thrust upon us, we would have handled it. I like to believe that if it were thrust upon today's kids, despite what we perceive, they could too.

17. X-cpe

X-cpe

In '63 I was in the Boy Scouts living in Hawaii. For Memorial Day we put flags on all the graves in the Punch Bowl Military Cemetery on Oahu. Amazing sight when we were done. Means more to me now than it did then.

18. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

All well said. Thanks and Semper Fi!

19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That’s a great idea to make extra places for those that can’t make it. Your post made this veteran feel very wanted

20. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

85423869-A786-492D-91D1-6A21BE153983.jpeg 0E092952-EBF3-4C94-8EC9-E3FC5423709A.jpeg Happy Memorial Day weekend. The U.S.A. has many things to be proud of but being proud of your veterans is the most important type of pride to have! Thanks to all who have served and sacrificed! The gun in the background is a American 90mm anti-aircraft gun.

AVater, 26Troadster, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  21. lucky ink

lucky ink

22. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Took a Nam vet camping.
    He's my father in law and I think he had fun. 20190524_191747.jpeg

Sent from my LGLS992 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Car and Air Show this weekend. We hung around after closing and were aloud to go on runway for a photo! One of a few restored from WW2 ,that we got too see fly. . Air show n car show 5 26 2019.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    TFoch, dan31, AVater and 7 others like this.
  24. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Well said Ron. Better check your garage, the boys look like they’re ready to take her for a spin.

25. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Not said enough, we Vets are very proud of our Farmers. Farm families sacrifice for this great country daily, feeding 100’s of Millions in the world, and make it look easy!

BigO, AVater, 26Troadster and 3 others like this.
  26. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The missus and I are on our way back from Hilton Head. We stopped at the Mississippi information center and found out that there was a Veterans memorial just a few miles down I-22 outside of Tupelo.

They have a 1/2 scale Wall that is just like the big one in DC but smaller. Lots of flags, neat as the proverbial pin, an
    F-105 on a pedestal and a beautifully manicured area. I said howdy to several of my old buddies from the 240th AHC on panel 54E and, strangely said something to my wife. I wondered aloud if they knew me as I'm a fat, grey, old guy and the last time they saw me I was a skinny 20 year old. She allowed that they probably recognized me.

Jeez, it has been 51 years since they died and I can still tell you the tail number of the C model Huey. Anyway, thanks to the state of Mississippi for a remarkable veterans memorial! I, for one, appreciate you efforts!

dan31, deathrowdave, AVater and 7 others like this.
  27. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

OutSTANDING @dana barlow

AVater, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Harms Way

Harms Way

To all those that we honor,.....

"Fair winds, And following seas"...........

Thank you !......... LEST WE FORGET

AVater, 26Troadster, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  29. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Thank you and God bless to all who have and will serve and their families . I just returned from a being a Guardian on an Honor Flight , Tuesday . One of the greatest things I have ever committed to doing in my life . I have some great memories . It is the least I can do , is try to help them have a good memory of serving and saving Thank You to a Vet .

30. My family got here in 1664.
    I was raised on the stories of great, great, great, great grandfathers serving in every conflict since before we were a country... most recently my grand dad in WW2, uncle in Korea, dad in Vietnam, me and my cousin in the middle east. They are all gone now (except my cousin). But I am proud of every one of them.
    I spent my childhood planting flags at the local cemeteries on Memorial day weekends and I played taps at every VFW and American Legion funeral in our town from 9th grade untill I enlisted.
    As CS&N said in one of their songs "find the cost of freedom buried in the ground "
    Chappy