Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Richie15, Dec 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Richie15

Richie15

Please acknowledge that I am a member...then list all the requirements so that I can deal with people on classified and where is WTB listings.
    Seems preoccupied with scammers and not all the great people on The Journal.
    Regards, Richie15

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

In an effort to thwart the many scammers that have been preying on people through the wanted section of the classifieds a new feature has been installed that will not let members with less than 10 posts on the main board access the wanted ads or to send a private message.

4. grumpy65

grumpy65

Is there an echo in here today? :)

Thor1 likes this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

It's almost as if the for sale/wanted section of the forum is there for the folks who are here to discuss old hot rods, and not for the benefit of folks who are here just to do business.

Thor1, bowie, lothiandon1940 and 5 others like this.
  6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Richie15, I attempted to send you a PM just a few minutes ago and it was denied due to your privacy settings. You have been a member here since 2015 and only have 7 posts in all that time. People will be interested in you if you allow them to get to know you. Your profile page says you have a Plymouth PT-105, show us pictures, tell us about it and your relationship with the car. We don't have to know what brand of breakfast cereal you prefer but if you want to be a part of the amazing, knowledgeable, funny and sometimes profane bunch of hotrodders here, you have to be a little bit more forth-coming with information. Not everyone knows everything but here we have a group of people dedicated to the preservation of the history of hotrodding, customizing and a car culture that a great number of us grew up in. Join in, it's worth it.

Thor1, bowie, MMM1693 and 3 others like this.
  7. Thor1, bowie and alanp561 like this.
  8. ......Almost like a sense of community, imagine that!:rolleyes:

Thor1 likes this.
  9. ...........I do see by your profile page that you have become an Alliance Member and I applaud you for that.

Thor1, catdad49 and alanp561 like this.
  10. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent idea - well done mods!

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

it was all Ryan.....the man can leap tall buildings in a single bound....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    alanp561, bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.