Register now to get rid of these ads!

Member trader ratings?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Graham M, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Hey guys, on other forums I'm on there is a trader rating in place. Basically, if something is bought or sold, the two members can leave feedback for one another which contributes to a total rating score. So lets say after 20 positive transactions, the person will be left with a positive score of 20, if one of those was a negative, it would be a 19. Much like Ebay feedback a person can leave comments, along with a link as to what the item was.

In order to prevent abuse, a URL must be included as to what the marketplace post was, (possibly) including that particular seller in order to leave feedback.
    PM's are mandatory on this forum, so that kind of makes that a grey area, and open to further tweaking, but this would be a great tool for acknowledging excellent sellers, and making known constant low-ballers and scammers.

For instance, this is my trader rating on another forum, check it out to see how it works.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/usertrade.php?action=show&rateuser=32593

2. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

This has been covered several times so I'll give the highlights;
    1. Not going to happen
    2. Stick with Alliance Members when buying from the classifieds. That way if you get screwed on the deal, you can talk to Ryan and he'll help make it right. This only goes for sellers that are Alliance members, any others you're on your own.
    3. If you're unsure about someone or the part/car they're selling have someone go check it out for you if you can't yourself.
    4. Outside of the above, like any place either web or out at a swap meet, Buyer beware. Be sure you know what you're getting before taking the leap.

Good luck

3. This is a funny thread to read after just reading another thread complaining about what FNG's post. The complaint was that FNG's don't take time to get the feel of the place. I'm just say'in....

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion but this isn't Ebay and actually the HAMB was not and is not a primary classifieds website. Ryan the owner allowed it to help some fellow HAMB'rs sell a few of their parts and a car or two to try to help them out.
    That being said - it snowballed and guys decided to hock their stuff with no imput on the HAMB at all and the guys I am refering to ( dealers ) started to post HUNDEREDS of cars from boneyards to try to make a buck and who are here to sell only and not contribute anything to the HAMB. The classifieds were not intended for that. There are some dealers on here who contibute to the main HAMB and respect the classified rules and don't flood the sight just to make a buck. Those guys are ok. It's the ones who contribute nothing to the HAMB and just post for sale stuff that have a short chain. Those guys in time are starting to get weeded out.
    If I don't get rule violation reports on those guys, then as long as they contribute to the HAMB for the most part have been able to stay. Those who abuse it and try to take advantage of this being a FREE website are scrutanized.
    If they don't like it and lip back - just aren't allowed to continue.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON BUYING AND SELLING ON THE HAMB.

1. You are at your own risk. YOUR OWN RISK ! NO exceptions !

2. The HAMB or moderators are not responsible for ANY deal.

3. If a buyer or seller is slow to get the deal done - after being paid or shipped with out before being paid, A Moderator - ( me) of another moderator will prod someone in the ass to get it done.

We will try to help out where we can and for Alliance members will jump in where possible, but still nothing is gauranteed.

4. If a buyer or seller doesn't hold their end of the deal - they won't be allowed to continue on the HAMB or may be banned or both.

5 Here is my only suggestion to dealing.

Do a deal by UPS COD ONLY - that way - buyer will have to pay when it arrives and seller will get paid when delivered.
    So it costs a few bucks more - jack your price by $ 10.00 to cover it.

You can do your own Paypal if you want - but you still have to go through the dispute process if something isn't right and there are still no gaurantees.

SELLER - GET A TRACKING NUMBER so if you are asked - you have it to track.

ANY OTHER WAY and it's a chance that a buyer or seller will NOT get what they want.

Again you are on your own buying and selling.

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011

5. Great advice, Cob, and thanks for all that you do on here.....Don.