Register now to get rid of these ads!

Member "Padorey" Paul Dorey Passing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pro1street, Feb 17, 2012.

1. pro1street

pro1street

It's with regret that the custom world lost a Great Friend today.HAMB member "Padorey" Paul Dorey passed away this evening according to his families posting on his Facebook page.Here is what it said:
    It is with indescribable sadness that we have to share that Paul passed away this afternoon about 4:40 Tennessee time. He gave an incredibly good fight, had an amazing life, and has left behind an indescribable legacy. He will forever be our beloved husband, father, and grandfather, not to mention friend to so, so many.

We have not set any arrangements yet but will have a memorial here in Tennessee as well as in Tucson. Once details have been determined we will let everyone know.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers at this time.

2. sorry for your loss.

3. May he rest in peace.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

He was a really nice guy. Wish I had met him earlier in life. Always fun to chat with at shows and club functions.

5. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't have the privilege of meeting him. -Bob

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

May He Rest In Peace, or maybe in Hot Rod Heaven having a great time - Sorry for your loss.

7. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

Paul was my best friend/cruising buddy for almost 30 years. We went a lot of places together and made a lot of friends. Every one knew his '53 Buick radical kustom. I will miss you buddy!

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Paul was from CT?

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'm really sorry to hear that.

RIP Paul.

10. Is this the same Paul Dorey who had a yellow & black 34 Ford sedan back in the 1970's? I think the license plate was PAD 34 IIRC.

11. sorry to hear of his passing...thoughts and prayers for hos family

12. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

The same Paul, founding member of the Ct Street Rod Assn. Just a note, we ran into his chopped '33 last year at the Pomona Roadster show, had a good talk with the present owner.

13. pro1street

pro1street

14. sorry for the passing gods speed

15. Rest in Peace Paul.

Paul was one of the founders of the Connecticut Street Rod Association and I believe he was their 1st President. Great guy, lost too early.

Dennis

16. EDIT:Sorry about the mistaken year.I striped that car once but I can't for the life of me remember where.

17. pro1street

pro1street

Thought I would pass this along for the Dorey family it was on their Facebook page:
    A memorial service for Paul is being held in Tucson on Saturday, March 3 from 2 to 5 at Celebrations, 2823 N. Stone Ave. We would love it if car friends drove their cars and if anyone would like to share a funny story or memory about Paul, we'd love to hear it. Brenda and Heather are flying into Tucson on Friday, 3/2 and will be in town until Tuesday, 3/6. We look forward to seeing everybody and remembering Paul. — with Brenda Dorey.

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Was a good turnout. RIP Paul.