Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags -VINTAGE DRAG Meet- at Byron Dragway-July 31st

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Jun 9, 2010.

1. I will race you only if my 9" is in it. Just for old times sake. I miss my rear end:D

2. bgas56

bgas56

Ahhhhhhh Koop13,
    I see mom let you drive the '55 finally.Christ you can run 15's without the car.There will not be a "training wheel" class for you.Hope you can find a match race with the local daycare.I think you'll still need the helmet......

3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Zettle Brothers....I was just told there will be a 64 A/FX Hemi Mopar that might be a cool match on the 31st...
    E

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Koop13, I will bring my 63 Belair...and run you in reverse. Do want some cheese with your whine? Perhaps an extra set of pedals on the passenger side for the driver's ed instructor?

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

E.& R.

I have a few surprises up my sleeve. This should be good!

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Me to....very interesting converstaion with a gentleman with somthing we never expected....and Ryan MAY have the match for it.....7.50 index...CRAZY....
    Everyone is getting excited.....I guess we can say be there or be square and mean it!! LOL

7. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bill B.....if you see this....and want to run your 55, koop13 would be a great match...hope you decide to...would be perfect picture opportunity for the garage wall!!!

8. Hey Eric, Thanks for calling and updating me. It sounds like a great time brewing. So far I think the Fiat is ready. I suppose I should check it over soon.

9. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

My ol' man will be trying to blow up "Hartman's Hand Grenade" again for this event. We hope to do better with it this time around. The last time it was at the track it shelled 1st gear and never finished the pass.

'55 chevy
    301 4 speed.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433023

He is looking for a match. It's expected to run in the 13s in Gas class

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Cool....I am excited to see the Fiat again...one of my all time favorite altereds...because it was a small time guy doing well, building and racing his stuff, small local shop...very cool.......what this event is founded on!!!
    Before it all got so big, it became all $$ and not so much fun.....
    July 31st....a true day back in time....

11. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The other car in question will have it at the track sunday doing some test and tune on it. We're gonna try to work afew of the small bugs out before the melt down. There's only so little money and so little time!

12. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

BGas56....

Why don't you quit singing it and finally bring it, let's see what that grocery getter or that Impala can do...

13. You sound like the announcer talking at the track in the movie Hot Rod when the Willys is making a pass.:D

14. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hey that sounds cool. This will be the first time for the GTO on a strip.

15. bgas56

bgas56

Koop13,
    "Look kid, why don't you go out and win a few races, then come back and see me."

16. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

YES! Zettle Bros, you don't know how cool it will be to see that GTO on the track! Better uncork those headers!

For those of you not familiar with their 65 GTO
    [​IMG]

17. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Well it looks like Tim Timoszyk and I will be heading out to the Meltdown. Tim has his 42 Willys freshly done and it looks great and runs strong. I am looking forward to seeing everybodys cars and taking tons of pictures along with running the Falcon.

Jon

[​IMG]
    Tim's 42 Willys

[​IMG]
    My 60 Falcon

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!! We were happy to have 1 Willy's coupe...thanks Bob! But no it looks like there could be anywhere from 4-6.....WOW!!!! Again...excellent news!!!

Eric

19. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Bgas56-

I finally get your reluctance to run....I guess I wouldn't commit either if I wasn't sure my car would pass tech inspection. I hear that they really look closely for correctly installed dip stick tubes!

20. bgas56

bgas56

Koop13,
    I believe your assumption is incorrcect.Oh and by the way Mr. Valdez,bring a can of brake cleaner to clean up the oil slick in my driveway.

21. cooljunk

cooljunk

Cool Jon, I wish I was going, will have to settle for Lapeer dragway this weekend. Jeff

22. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Henry J is partially apart getting some things dialed in.

It will be ready for race day

Get used to what's in this picture Eric, cause it's all you'll be seeing.
    [​IMG]

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

jeez, Ryan, I hope we get to see the Henry at least in slow motioin. It is standing still in the photo. It still looks better than some old 55 Chevy.

24. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

WOW....glad you let me know that was the backend....both the front and back look the same...since that car was originally offered for sale in the Sears catalog, they actually the used to stamp F for front and B for back on them to avoid driver confusion.

Also....AJ is bringing the Sharpie.... I want a pic of 301 on your forehead if I win...look cool on the shop wall.

25. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Eric, I think I may change the lettering on the back of my car to read "This is NOT a nightmare" that way when you're reading it on the way down the track you will know you aren't dreaming.

26. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Eric and Ryan, thanks for orginizing whats sounds to be the best happening this summer.
    I have cleared my calendar and will be participating in the "Meltdown", if'n you'll have me! also I will be able to assist in anyway possible...............Let me know.

27. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

"If'n you'll have me!" haha is there any question? I love that sleeper Jeep of yours.

The offer is greatly appreciated, we will likely need to take you up on it

28. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Brian.....OF COURSE your invited and we would actually have been offeneded if you didnt show...LOL.
    Seriously great to hear your coming be prepared for some fantastic racing, a big car show and many cars you may have not seen before!!!
    Oh, and Ryan thinks he can beat my 301....I think he must have put nitrous on it or something....alot of talk....bring your sharpie marker for me to settle the bet with him.

E

29. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Ryan....you also may have a nightmare coming!!! And it looks like this.......

55 13.jpg

30. Hey AJ, I am gonna need a pusher if your game. Let me know.