Register now to get rid of these ads!

Meeting HAMBers

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by adidasink, Dec 7, 2010.

1. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Ok...so I am a guy who has a love affair with old hot rods...and enjoys wrenching on them...has a limited budget and ultimately a huge drive to learn how to build them. Aside from doing bolt on's, basic mechanic work, etc thats as far as my talent can take me..for now...I have drive and determination to learn how to do certain things (weld, fab, wiring..etc) but am having a difficult time finding people in my area who would be willing to help me out..and I am not looking for a free ride...but in the same breath I am a working stiff with bills and so on and cant afford a Rod Shop to just do what I want done....plus I really find no satisfaction in that....

So where am I going with this?

Maybe have another set of sub-forums for regions...maybe southwest, north east or even by state and even take it one step further by metro area or by club...so people in the same area can discuss these things and make it a little more easier to network and meet people...

Make sense?

Just a suggestion....in the meantime I will keep reading the HAMB...learning a ton, and become a better member by being able to contribute more through experience.....

2. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

I did find the Groups section...found some DFW area Groups...this might be what I am looking for....

3. I think you've found what you were looking for. Join up in some of those groups in your area or with shared specific interests. Go to some local shows and talk to some fellow hot-rodders there. I think you'll find a lot of folks in your same situation. Good luck....Don:)

4. Muttley

Muttley

I dont think you can fart in Texas without hitting a HAMBer........there are tons of them here. It shouldnt be to hard to find 1 or 163 of them somewhere near you.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

163 Texans farting near you would not be hard to find at all.

Bwhaaaaa

Cob

6. silent rick

silent rick

lonestar and bbq farts, yuck

7. 3875 registered Texans. Wow, that is a lot of gas....

8. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

My problem is I can be anti-social...well in large groups...I just need to network more......

9. racer32

racer32

Show up at the Texas Thaw. You should be able to meet up with some local guys there. Denton's about an hour from me...there's quite a few HAMB'ers here in Grayson County. Once the weather warms up, I'm gonna try and put together some cruise nights/meet-n-greets. Watch the calendar, and hit some of the local events.

10. quick sugestion.. offer to work for a custom shop for free... real easy to learn stuff....