Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Medic alert bracelet for old gearheads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38fordpickup, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'm sure you'd still be here even if he knew. It's all about the circumstances in making a final call. I'll tell you it's not easy to do. Many times I've had to tell the hospital that my Dad was DNR on the many emergency trips made in his last years. It's hard just saying DNR knowing what it means. But when I had to truly exercise my Fathers wish's the one and only final time. It felt like I was holding a gun to my Dads head a being told pull the trigger.

twenty8 likes this.
  2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know!! When you look in the mirror, which way does it read, "Go Away" or "yawA oG" ?

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  3. My Med Alert Bracelet says, "Try a shot of alcohol in the intake, then hit the starter". :eek:

I recall owning a car years ago that should have been listed as "DNR". :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    alanp561, hotrodjack33 and Budget36 like this.
  4. I don't know. I avoid mirrors at all cost.

alanp561 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

Feel your pain, I had to make the same decision in ‘07. 14 years later It still fucks with me.

twenty8, hotrodjack33 and Johnny Gee like this.
  6. When my wife was in palliative care with cancer, one late night I got called down... they said this is it. Her chart on the door had DNR on it, her choice. She was really beyond saving, but rallied for a short while. The pain medications rendered her a zombie. Unable to communicate. It was sad, coming up on 7 years with her gone.

7. I am in the medical field, cannot begin to tell you how many times the patient or family change their mind when the time finally comes.

bobss396 likes this.