Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mecum Spring Classic Auction in Indy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlinetoys, May 23, 2011.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I did a search and didn't see any posting from anyone else and I thought maybe some of you might enjoy seeing some of the cars that were in Indianapolis this weekend. 2,000 cars and 2,000 pieces of memorabilia. There were some great cars, or if more interested, you might want to skip ahead in the album and take a look at some of the signs and pumps, etc in the Memorabilia arena.

There are 950 photos in the photo site linked below and a lot of it is not HAMB friendly, but much of it is. I know I missed a LOT of stuff, even with that many photos, but there was WAY too much to see in one afternoon. Some amazing candy to see and my head was spinning.

It was a great event and the first time I had gone to a Mecum event. I enjoyed all of it, even watching the "gold chainers" fighting over cars. There were definitely a lot of very serious automobiles and very serious auto enthusiasts present at the Indianapolis State Fairgrounds for the weekend.

No need for derogatory comments regarding later model cars or auctions in general. Just enjoy the photos if you like, or proceed to the next thread!

Happy Motoring!

www.fotki.com/redlinetoys/

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched it off and on on the net all weekend. My wife and daughter got ticked of when the auction chatter came over my laptop. It looked like a lot of cars didn't make reserve and some sold for what I thought were reasonable prices while some brought top dollar.
    I missed the cars I wanted to see and find out what they sold for though.

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Go to the Mecum website and register. It doesn't cost anything, they just want your email so they can send you notices and stuff.

Then you go to the Auction of your choice and use your email to sign on. After that you can easily search for the price results on any car.