Register now to get rid of these ads!

measurement on 32 ford hoodside?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swedester, Nov 25, 2006.

1. need some info on the cross measure like on the sketch.about to make some cardboard templates.edit: the top should be 33 3/16
    [​IMG]

2. BELLM

BELLM

My hood sides are aftermarket, not factory, solid sides, no louvers. They are not attached to the tops so I can get good measurements. Two ends & the bottom I get same the same measurements as you listed but on top I get 33 1/8" instead of 33 1/2". Cross measurements are 38 3/4" and 39 9/16".
    Maybe someone with a factory stock hood will post.
    Good luck!:)

3. anyone else have a hood to check on?two dif. is better than one to be sure,thanks.

/ Vince

4. swifty

swifty

Factory stock hood that I've got measures 33 1/2" top, 33 5/8" bottom,20 3/4" front end and 22 15/16" back end. Cross or diagonal measurements are 38 15/16" and 39 3/4".
    Do you realise that the top right hand edge rises up 1/4" from the start of the first hinge loop which is 1 1/2" back from the front edge and the bottom left hand edge drops 11/16" on a large radius starting 6 3/8" in from the back edge.

I only measured the RHS one looking from drivers seat, can measure the LHS one if you need it tomorrow. Just let me know.

swifty

5. if you have the time,please check the drivers side too.
    I´m trying to locate my grilleshell in the right position,without having anything original to measure from(homemade frame etc.)

6. swifty

swifty

Hey Swedester, as far as I'm concerned that was the drivers side haha!
    OK I'll measure the other side tomorrow and post the measurements.

swifty

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Don't know if this will help,.....but here you go.

Attached Files:

8. yeah,I noticed that you´re down under,sweden had "leftside traffic" until 68 I think,but most cars had the steering on the left side anyway.

9. thanks,but I got that one on my garage wall allready.

10. swifty

swifty

OK first I want to say that I stuffed up in my first post and got the dimensions of the top and bottom wrong. Had them written down but got it wrong anyway. They should be 33 1/8" top and 32 5/8" bottom.
    Now for the other side I got 33 1/8" top, 32 5/8" bottom, 20 3/4" front and 22 7/8" back, diagonals are 39 13/16" and 38 7/8".
    BTW back edge is not straight, has an 1/8" bow in it towards the rear of the car.

Hope this helps
    swifty

11. V8-m

V8-m
    from Alaska

Hello,
    I know this is old but making hood sides right now and I would like to ask where exactly the 1/8 bow reaching highest point.
    One more question:
    The bottom edge has something like undercut, I mean it is not straight.
    If we connect both bottom corners with wirtual straight line, how big will be undercut in deepest point of it...?
    I hope that I wrote this clear...
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  12. Bigger image by Harms Way...... ford32.gif

V8-m likes this.
  13. V8-m

V8-m
    from Alaska

Thank you. I already know this picture.
    I ask about small details which are important for good look and feat.
    -Bottom swallowed edge (how much)
    -Rear edge ( on the picture 22 1/2 should be slightly curved- where is the highest poitn of the arch)