Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Measurement: 30 31 Model A Coupe roll pan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jackalope, Nov 30, 2016.

1. jackalope

jackalope

Need a measurement for a 30 31 Model A coupe roll pan. Height, obviously. I need to make to pieces and this is one of them. Did a search but nothing came up. So, if you could go out to your garage and do a quick vertical measurement I would be quite grateful.
    Many thanks, Grant

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Do you mean the rear sub rail crossmember? There are deeper ones to put tail lights etc. Which are you trying to copy ? I have a stock rear crossmember in the garage I can measure. I think that's what you're lookin for.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. jackalope

jackalope

No, I need the piece of sheet metal that is directly below the deck lid or trunk. Whatever you choose to call it. Roughly 8" tall. Sits on top of the subrail rear cross member.
    Thanks!

4. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

5. jackalope

jackalope

Sits between the two rear big panels and below the decklid. I'm going to guess in the neighborhood of 36"x8"? I need the height measurement.
    Many thanks Dino!

6. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

7. jackalope

jackalope

Perfect! Thank you! That'll make this process go a wee bit better ;-)

Thanks again!

8. jackalope

jackalope

All that metal looks fresh off the press! Is that original or replacements? Where'd you get it? I still plan to make mine but that looks like some quality stuff.

9. jackalope

jackalope

I apologize for possibly confusing you with the term roll pan. That may suggest below the sub rail. I wanted the measurements you provided me which were above the sub rail. Just clarifying for others that may be reading. Thanks again.

10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Brattons in Maryland. They don't make them, just suppliers. The first one I got, the corner was welded wrong. They exchanged it. I've done some work on it to get it straighter and it has epoxy primer. Good panel over all, holes a little off, but had threaded bungs for the panel forward of it on the inside of the trunk. Save you lots of time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. jackalope

jackalope

Very nice. Thanks. Because my coupe will not be returned to original (resto) I can afford to change things around a bit but still needed the panel dimensions for correct proportions. Internally, behind the sheetmetal, there will be some reinforcements and changes to the skeleton to support other components and fuel cell, etc. I appreciate you getting the dimensions.

12. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia