Register now to get rid of these ads!

"MEAN GREEN" 51 Merc Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Does anyone remember or have any photos of the 1951 Merc called "MEAN GREEN"???? It was in several magazines over the years. It was actually painted Yellow the last time we saw the car at Carlisle. My friend owned it 25 years ago and we were talking about the cars we used to own at Hershey. I told him I would give this a shot here...Any help would be appreciated.

Murph:cool:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Tryin again...Any help?

Murph:cool:

3. Last Time...Thanks for any info.

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

bump for Murph!

5. Somebody had to have seen this car. Again, I think it is yellow now. I'll try to get a photo up.

Murph

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Car was one of my all time favorites! I was just talking to a guy about it over Christmas who said he did a bunch of work on it! Killer ride!!!! Car was originally from Maine! (Edit: This was in 83) I hated when the painted it yellow! I have piccs from before

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  7. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Here's an old Scott Teague pic of the car. I was actually photographed in the back ground next to it when I was 10 at Lead East in Motor Trend magazines coverage of the show! I have pics of it yellow and in gray prime at Gettysburg!

Attached Files:

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Here it was at Gettysburg. I wouldn’t even bother taking a pic of it after it was painted cream. I couldn’t resist taking a pic of someone else’s photo from the back. Hopefully it will pop up!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Here`s a pic of Mean Green taken pre 1980. I don`t remember where. I see it has an Iowa plate. Can`t make out the county. The picture might of been taken at the Street Rod Nationals in Minnesota in the 70`s. It was outside the front gate. It might of been the one that Pat Ganahl talked about in one of his editorials about customs. It was talked about more than the Street Rods in the show. There was a crowd around it all weekend. See updated post below. I made a mistake. @pgan Scan0485.jpg I realized the yellow car is a different car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    rudestude and Sancho like this.
  10. rudestude

rudestude

Found this feature in a 1979 Hot Rod Magazine's Rod&Custom...
    It's not a very good picture I'm sure it's a recopy of a original printing of the feature plus I always hated it when they would put the story print over the background of the picture it's hard to read...my eyes are getting older...hell I guess the rest of me is too...tried to get the clearest shots I could ..if I run across any more pics of the car I will post them.......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`m starting to 2nd guess myself. This car was at the Street Rod Nationals outside the main gate. It was based out of Minneapolis. The Mean Gree Scan0495.jpg n pic was more than likely taken at the Street Rod Mini Nats in Lincoln Nebraska at about the same time.

Sancho, rudestude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Here she is now. The pic is from a Facebook photo sis mittens my Devon Steel. I’m not sours when this was taken but the car was painted like this 20 years ago

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020