Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mcphails new truk spy pics***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Feb 18, 2011.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

yea, like I said in my other post (photoshop some headlights wins somehting kool) I have heard it all. and I know that is the one thing people can not get over is the headlights. there is more work in this truk then most will ever figure out ( 12 rolls of welding wire, let alone the time it takes to grind all those welds) but all i get is funny ass remarks about the square headlights, hey did you see it has square headlights? yea like the family trukster, but the only thing is these actually don't look that bad, but everyone is soo quick to bash em. but honestly set back look at the front of that truck and tell me it doesn't work. it is mainly the peoples reaction to them being square that doesn't work. YOUR comment is just one of the millions I have heard, which pisses me off because most cant look at the rest of the truck to notice all the kool shit, because their mind says oh shit square headlights they suck. why do they suck, they actually work , if you would just shut up and look at it and realize this........

2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

this works, but for some reason people associate square headlights with being all wrong, that is why i am going to have to change them because this truck will never win big or get in the mags or whatever because ......did you notice it has sqaure headlights??

Attached Files:

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

[QOTE=:D

i guess you think REALLY highly of yourself....thats the fucked up thing about hotrodding/customs, ,,

also, for future reference, sometimes when you post pictures of your pride and joy on the world wide web,believe it or not,you might hear responses you dont like,even if they are ment to be lighthearted,[/QUOTE]

yes , i know it was meant light hearted, and yes I can take it and have, for years. and I posted the pics and asked for all this, and know I am going to get alot of comments like this. I am asking for help as to what to do to truely make it better, I myself like them and would love to leave them, but others can't get past it, and that is the point I'm trying to make. Its not that the lights are that bad it's peoples head that needs fixed. and you don't know me and no I don't feel that I think highly of myself, if you knew me you would know I am probably the opposite, but I DO think REALLY highly of the kustom world and kustoms, and the lifestyle that goes with it, And the fucked up part is when people that don't know as much about the kustom world and live it like I do , don't understand , don't get it, don't eat , sleep , breath it, try to make comments , which arre uneducated guess' at best based upon some reference to the van era. now give me an honest answer why the shape of the headlights don't work, and I will respect you in the morning...

4. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Check out these .......

Attached Files:

5. McPhail

McPhail

I meant fleetside.........

and just look at the headlights for about four or five years,,....... they will grow on you....

6. jfrolka

jfrolka

clean slate, now nobody can bitch

Attached Files:

7. jfrolka

jfrolka

mercedes'd out

Attached Files:

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mcphail showed up and you put him to work. The grill looks great.
    Keep on hammering.

9. hvychvy

hvychvy

Keep up the awesome work Jeff,you're a freakin machine!!

10. So keep 'em.

11. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

Digging the spy pics, sure it will be another bad ass build. Don't change the quad squares on the stude. I dig it and get it. I think it looks right for the build and appreciate the fact that it is different than what you always see. Stay with it and fuckthe haters. Throw some sick paint on and drive the shit out it.

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It doesnt matter what headlights you choose,someone will allways not like it.We are all different and have different opinions but the most important thing is its YOUR TRUCK not theirs.Do it however you want and it will be perfect for the owner.Thats all that matters.You do kick ass craftsmanship and anyone who cant recognize it has an unimportant opinion.Keep up the good work.

13. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Love it brother!!!! But you still suck..... Just sayin!!! LOL!!:p:D

14. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I really like the squares,if you want change what about 40 ford or willys headlites.just a thought

15. weez

weez

Dang, I wanna see more of the fleetside!

16. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Ya see, if you're buildin' a kustom to please the sheep i.e. ''win big or get in the magazines'' you're already in shitsville. The sheep don't know shit 'bout real kustoms! They pariot shit they've been told, or seen in a magazine/internet written by some clueless fuck who's never cut his hand on a jagged piece of metal, or burned himself on a weld. You've probably more hours in your doors and hood panel than those jack offs have in the sum total of everything they've ever worked on in their sorry assed lives.
    The ''bonfire of the vanities'' that is the show circut/kulture-politik doesn't have anything to do with building kustoms unless you're into building clichemobiles.

The Chrysler & Lincoln quad headlamp doors on the Bob Bourke designed Studi trucks have been done, much like the DeSoto grille in the '49-'51 Merc. in danger of becoming a cliche.

Oh, and Mcphails truk looks like a good start!

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The tainted Pork "

17. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

oh, you will. but in the mean time we can't show ya because we are afraid you will steal all the good ideas. hahaha , just kidding keith. excuse me while I search all your drawings for ideas that we can add..........

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When the paint gets shot on the stude, I`m sure you wont notice the square headlights. It`ll probally be that cool. McPhails truck Looks alot better with the skirts, More of a Custom look rather than a Hot Rod. No offence, but this is a custom thread.

19. DrJ

DrJ

The rectangular headlights work well with the rectangular grill openings, they just don't work at all with WWW's or Caddy tail lights!
    (Yea, I know, they are from a different era of "tradition," the '70's.
    Like I said, the shape works.
    I'd like to suggest putting "round" headlights in the openings with covers over them like Starbird & Barris did on a lot of '60's cars to simulate other than round head lights back before they were invented.
    If you keep those caddy lights like that you better stock up on them because every third "civilian" walking around the back end of it is going to take one out with his shin.
    I guarantee it!
    Maybe a nerf bar bumper is in the works?
    Nice work so far!

20. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i know i sounded like a dick,,but dont want to contiune to be,,,i love customs too,,maybe not as much as you do,because i generally love all old car styles,,,,hot rods,customs,kustoms,old harleys,lowriders,i even like some vintage muscle cars.,,the more and more i look at the ol stude,,i am feeling it,,,it s just that it needs some candy,maybe a lil flake, some full body outlined pinstriping,,and some cragar SS/T spokes or true spokes with some pinner whites(bias ply of course) to make the headlight work properly,,,,,(are those lucas headlights?) anyways, keep on keepin on!

21. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

finkd any pics of the dash & console combo ? the bed on the stude is sweet !!!

22. Sprout

Sprout

McPhail and Myers both suck.

23. McPhail

McPhail

Bruce did rebuild the 292......

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cool ! It should be a good one then.

25. ratster

ratster

26. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Needs more spy photos.

27. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

That one COOL stude man

28. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

no, prob, dude I am not pissed and was actually laughing about our comments I just need to remember you cant see my expressions when replying. just a couple guys digging on each other and talking trash, but it was funny, I just need to use LOL more. by the way when dennis was here at the shop working on the truck today we talked about all this, and I had to point out i was being funny and and he reminded me of the LOL thing. so then the rest of the day, anytime anyone mad a funny we followed by LOL. We got alot done on the truck this weekend and will post some picks tomarrow, just be gentle on me, I'm kinda tender today. LOL

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Keep the square headlights! they sure are nice. They look big thou, what are they from?
    Also 12 rolls of wire???? jeeez! That IS a lot of welding, i cant imagne how many bottles you emptied then.

How long's been the Stude around? am i wrong to think at least 10 years?
    McPhails lookin good too btw :)

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

some more spy pics.

Attached Files: