Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mazooma1 goes to Bonneville......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Tritone

Tritone

Mazooma1 - Great Great Stuff! ... Thanks so much for posting!

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

4. HAHA.....Classic Doug....Spoken like a true Ex-Mayor......

5. redroaddog

redroaddog

wow thanks for the coverage!!!! how about george poteet going 417 in the nose of that car holy shit!!:D

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

GREAT STUFF, as usual. Thanks Doug, I'll be there next year? wait thats what I said last year and the year before that.

7. can you get any pics of this car i have a 52 plymouth business coupe and love to see this there

Attached Files:

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

something about this one really grabs me by the short hairs.

[​IMG]

9. WoW! Thanks for sharing these great photo's Doug! Wish I was there for all the fun. I can smell the Nitro in the photo of that 911 car....awesome!!!

10. Now see, if you'd have offered a cold beer he might still be there...:D

11. revjimk

revjimk
    from Denver

Beside being the 545,987th guy to rave about these shots, they made me realize that Bonneville is the last refuge of the wild creativity seen at the drags in the 50s& 60s. Just wish I had more info on some of these outrageous creations.
    Saw that Poteet streamliner at LA show a couple of years ago, I think he went 430 mph with a mere 398 cubes... turbo is as big as the engine...
    Thanks again

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

With all the great photos of of some really great looking cars, this Buick is the head turner of the meet to me. I don't know why, it's just different. Do I need help? Bob [​IMG]

13. eddie1

eddie1

Great shots! Thanks for sharing with us!

14. You have the best detail shots of anyone!! Thank you.-MIKE:cool:

15. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
    Later,
    Dick

16. alchemy

alchemy

If a landspeed car that goes over 400 MPH gets a crack in the skin, do you need at least three layers of "200 MPH tape" to fix it?

17. opfredet

opfredet
    from usa

Shark Cars is a playful idea dovetailing the Discovery Channel's Shark Week (Aug., 12 - 19th) and we're celebrating sixty years of car protruding performance of American design of the fifties:

http://www.carofthecentury.com/shark_cars.htm

18. It may need to be a group therapy session, because I have a strange fascination with that one, too!

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]

I'll post the rest of my photos this afternoon.....:)

20. The Buick streamliner with bare metal:

I think it is the one I saw at Bonneville several years ago. It wasn't as streamlined then, but ran a Buick straight eight with a big blower on the side of the engine on a homemade manifold.

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

No, actually it's a different Buick. Hard to believe there are two people who don't believe common thoughts about frontal area and top speed. But Bonneville is the place to find them.

22. We got home early this morning. I met a bunch more HAMBrs this year, but unfortunately I didn't bump in to Mazooma ... Hopefully some year out there I will get to meet you. Love all the pics and your stories from "back in the day"

Mark

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing the great photos and thanks for showing the race cars and not just the parking lot posers at the hotel.

24. The Canadian

The Canadian
    from Montreal

Thank you for the awesome pics.

25. Nothing like trying to race a brick shaped object for speed. No doubt that thing displaces a boat load of air as it goes down the salt.

My fascination is more along the lines that it looks like it came out of a '50's sci-fi movie and the dagmars on the headlights reminds me of an old girlfriend.

26. Something oddly familiar about the Buick.HRP

[​IMG]

27. My fascination is more along the lines that it looks like it came out of a '50's sci-fi movie and the dagmars on the headlights reminds me of an old girlfriend.

Humm most of my old girlfriends looked more like the grill.............<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

28. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

The owner is a member on here as well..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=56007

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

And to add to the praise, great shots, Doug! The sunrise photography makes me feel like I'm there and experiencing it myself. I can only imagine..

30. Awesome :D