Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maybe they still lurk? Who do you miss?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Jan 10, 2006.

1. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

----- SLAZZEN------ He dissaperared after his move outta COncord to his veary own area 51!!!!! Ive seen a few of his posts but... nuttin like what he used to drag out and sell..... Come outta hiding John !!!

2. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only guy that I can think of is "da wolf" or "wolf"..he was a hell of an artist and striper with some good stories.

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The overwhelming majority of the folks listed in your various lists still post - frequently enough at that. Two things though - more than a few of them spend a fair bit of time over on Jockey Journal & probably the biggest factor, the HAMB is so big now & posts move so quickly, that if a person posts only once or twice a day, odds are you'll miss it with the rapidity that it leaves the front page and/or whatever "filter" you use to decide which posts to read (cuz you can't read 'em all!)

Go into members, find 'em, then search for recent posts to see...

True enough there are plenty who don't post anymore too...

4. El C
    Brewsir
    Shag
    Glen
    Spooky........

5. Just what I was Thinkin along with NealinCA and his roadster pickup build, what a cool car. Gooch was good since he has the contact for Rudy. That 40 merc that rudy chopped, I printed out the photos to help in chopping mine that I am in the middle of now.

6. Mart

Mart

I miss Mart too.
    That Fat Limey Bastard used to crack me up.
    Mart.

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

What about our little buddy, Lugnut???

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I miss Fat Hack & Mart...;) :p :D

9. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

rusty streamliner is still kickin, he just has no internet in the country._dan

10. MBL

MBL

I miss Boo Berry.
    Tim
    MBL

11. dunbroke2

dunbroke2
    from ala

damn, no one missed me? That gives me one of them thar inferior complextion thingies. and besides that denise aint invited me to Michigan to sweat up no sheets and she probaly wont and she probaly wont let me stay in the same town much less give me my own room and the last beer i got in this place was warm and flat , and she never did send me one of them applications so as I could apply fer next in line status to be her next honey and private bar tender.well I guess I will get drunk wheres that warm and flat beer at.

12. Sailor

Sailor

Im still around, but read more than I post. 6 months old daughter and serious house restoration puts cars and paiting on the backburner for a while. I promise to be back in both respects. Thanks for remembering me, bro.

13. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

I think he went into hiding, because the last time I saw him he had grown out a handlebar mustache!!

-eddie

14. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I'm still here. My job as a door to door dog food taste tester keeps me pretty busy. Wayno

15. hankcash

hankcash

I've been "busy"....
    hc

Attached Files:

16. Chuck R

Chuck R

Good ole days! Just remember today is tomorrows good ole days. We have an incredible amount of talent and info posted everyday on the HAMB. It's a living group that will always be changing and growing. Tomorrows HAMB heros may have just joined today.
    Ryan, Thanks for giving us this place to come and exchange ideas.
    Chuck

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

What's with the Cali address, I though you were moving to Utah!!!!!!!!!!

B:confused:B

18. I remember her, There was some discussion of a tattoo and ms. hillbilly, ver.1 found it on my computer while hemikat, phatboy, and I were in Wichita doing some work on his pontiac that was at the Go Away Garage. Maybe, just maybe, that was a blessing in disguise...

speaking of the Go Away Garage, anyone heard of Mitch in a while? How about Jim? I don't remember their HAMB nicknames right off hand, McPhail posts once in a while...

I was wondering how KustomD, his wife and young'n were doin...

19. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Damn, how could I have forgotten about YOU. Yep that was version 1. There has not been any mention of the Go Away Garage for a long time either. Didn't you have another name prior to Hillbilly?

B:)B

20. 30roadster

30roadster

Anyone know where Manyoldcars is?... I checked and he was last on in June.

21. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Good question about Manyolcars....wondered if he ever got the Depot Hack fixed up?

Miss?
    Modernbeat....it was he who told us to stop lurking and join.....and for what it's worth ( which is a hell of alot) it was M/B who gave us the format and means to do posters, which we continue to benefit from and share with the board and friends....it allows us to give to all those raffle requests we get, and it is a fact that without the hookup Jason started, we absolutely would be VERY limited in ability to donate posters.....
    A belated, but sincere THANKS to ModernBeat......

J&K

22. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Gee Bob. These things take time. I took another load up this week. I've got motors and belly tanks and all manner of stuff to move. I had a setback yesterday, too. Northrop caught up with me and gave me a job. I can still make runs on the weekends, though. Wayno

23. I miss the time to spend time on here.
    Two kids these days, "projects" scattered all over the place, no time, job, garage needs to be built...

I still read occasionally though, and the "new" guys kick so much ass I barely miss the "old" guys. (Though I do, but mostly 'cause of sentimental, girly reasons.)

24. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Uh, I'm still here. Just lurking and I was never very noisy.

Honest Charlie was mentioned. He's a regular in the Dallas hot rod scene now. Works on cars for a living.

Picasso...well, last time I saw him a girl had put stars in his eyes and a spring in his step. His car's been busted for a while. Can't blame him for not fixing it. Eating and loving come first.

25. I think I miss the secret messages most.

Shit...I'm going to have to keep lurking 'till someone misses me!
    :D

Where the hell is Speedfreak anyhow?

I have a number for him....I should see if its still good.

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

modernbeat, that's terrible news about D.P, he can't possibly be this smitten.

Oh this is terrible.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I pmed Manyolcars after Katrina, I never got a reply, I hope he's good.

Oh yeah, I miss Honest, I really love that guy.

28. D Picasso

D Picasso

Ha! you guys're killing me. I love you, Nads, you powerhouse.

I miss you all. this place is so huge, it's like yelling across an airplane hangar but I'm still here. Danielle says howdy, Jason.

29. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yes, met them together at Bakersfield- Harlan was worshopping Jimmy Shine telling him what a great genious he was while Germ held his beer and laughed at him. True Story. They told me the one I have heard too often "I pictured you a lot older and a lot fatter". I'm slowly working on making it a reality. ;)

I originally thought they were the same guy when Harlan's first post was to kick me in the nuts. It even got to the point Ryan was policing their IP address and found they were posting at the same time from totally different places. Then I met them both and it was all interenet boasting and bravado.