Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maybe OT/ How hot rod friendly is Missouri????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wlspdshop, Jan 19, 2007.

1. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Just wondering how hot rod friendly Missouri is. I went to college there and my in-laws all live there:(:D . I just got a job offer in Springfield, MO. So any advice on how hot rod friendly MO is would be great. Thanks for the help guys.

2. kratebike

kratebike

Very friendly as far as getting your car registerd. Historic License plates cost $25 dollars and are good for as long as you own the car. No inspections, no renewal fees. You can also get Year of Manufacture Plates for your car and register them the same as Historics.

The only real problem is the weather this time of year.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

its a great place with alot of hot rodders!!!!but yeah, the weather sucks right now!!!!
    hell ryan has the HAMB drags here cause its the best state in the lower 48!!!:p

4. safetymike1977

safetymike1977

Weather? Come on.... compare it to Wisconson! :D You have it easy!

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Springfield has alot of car stuff going on. Isn't all traditional but always something going on. The weather has its moments, but it is a far sight better than ND.

Come on down I say.

6. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

Great car area, come on down. Who is the offer with?

7. Its the very bestest place there is....well.... pretty good I guess....:D

8. atomickustom

atomickustom

Agreed. Even running regular plates on a daily driver works fine as long as you get your "safety inspection" from someone who understands old cars. My '50 Ford coupe passed just fine when I bought it with no seatbelts, no turn signals, no working wipers, and cracked side glass. I went with the antique plates on my current '53 Chevy for the reasons kratebike gave: one-time fee, no inspections ever. You can get those plates for a field car and they won't know or care as long as you have a title. And I don't know of anyone getting hassled by The Man for being too loud, too low, too high, etc.. If we could just move Paso Robles to this area, I'd call it rod & kustom nirvana. Heck, KKOA is headquartered in Southwest MO, there are dragstrips around, and Route 66 runs right through. What more could you want?

9. free beer & food.......................

ooo yea that's right i get that everytime my brother calls me up to work on his 39 dodge :D :D & he lives in Missery. life must be good...joe

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah and Oklahoma is just hours away. That's the real bonus...

11. 38fordcoupe

38fordcoupe

Great town. If you're there in the latter part of May you can hit the NSRA MidAmerica Street Rod Nationals,a huge swap meet at the end of August and a lot of other local stuff going on through out the rest of the year.

12. EVANS and 3 97s

EVANS and 3 97s

The chief of police in Springfield .has a 32 Hi boy

13. And here I thought is was 'cuz you're so danged pretty...

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

first off mike, its purdy!!!:rolleyes: whoo lernt u ta spell anywho???

and twolly, i wernt goona brag up my purdy face on here, makes ma mad...youall dont wants ta see her mad...hell, i wernt get nun fer a month if'n i done did that there!!!:eek:

15. If you like the out doors stuff, we have all kinds of things to do. As long as you stay out of Oklahomo you'll be fine.:D There is a lot to do in the Springfield area. And the weather is not as bad as up north.

16. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Yeah even around st.louis its hotrod friendly I have rolled open headered with et drags on the coupe and cops just wave alot of cops around here have cars too so they don't care really I know one with a nice 35 ford slantback and another with a Healy thats got a 383 in it.My vote come on down.

17. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I lived there for 13 years, moved out in 04. I must agree with everything already said. NW MO is pretty cool place to live and I miss it. You'll have to get your historic car VIN ID verified at an inspection station and send in for plates and title but the cool thing is never having to renew. There is something like a 1000-mile annual limit but it really isn’t enforced. Check with the DOT about specific regs. NSRA nats are in Springfield and it's a very progressive community. Missouri is really a great place to live and I'd return there in a heartbeat if the right opportunity arose. Good Luck Man!

18. I forgot to mention too the lighter winters- :D Global warming has kicked in recently and we only have 3-4 real spurts of winter Dec thru Feb with lots less accumulation and snow's duration.... makes it almost liveable....;)

19. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Thats funny.

20. Missouri is aGREAT place! My wife's side of the family is from NW Mo. I think the color green was invented there. Once upon a time it was covered by glaciers that melted away. So, I guess you could say there has been global warming going on now for a loooooooong time! Even before the dinosaurs turned into oil!:D

21. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

Great place. However.......you are not allowed in the salvage yards until you have proof of Missouri citizenship for at least 3 years.

22. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thanks for all the great info guys. That will make it easier to move there knowing that stuff. Well we will see what pans out....thanks again.

23. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

What???

Never heard of that.:confused:

24. We don't like rodders here at all. Whatever you do don't come down here with a hotrod or even consider building one after you get here.

we're a LEXUS state pure and simple.:D:D:D

I've lived here on and off since about 1971 never had a problem with some of the most off the wall vehicles in the world my friend. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you're not makeing an ass out of yourself, well even then you shouldn't have any problems either.;)

I did get a ticket once for doing bleach burnouts in the Camdenton Town square.

25. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thanks beaner...funny stuff:D :D

26. Stop on your way through town we'll feed ya and make ya help us fix stuff.

Springfield isn't that far off we'll have to hook up when you get here.

27. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Sounds good beaner I will keep you posted on how things go....

28. We'll be here, there's always groceries and a place to crash.

29. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

You know it's funny no one said a thing about being so close to Arkansas, oops

30. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

Shouldn't be a problem, I doubt he's related to anybody there, so they wouldn't want to date/marry him anyway. :eek: