Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage May 3-4th Nostalgia Race at Little River dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moter, Mar 20, 2019.

1. moter

moter

We are bringing back the Nostalgia racing to Little River Dragway in Holland Texas May 3 and 4th, Live feed by www.bangshift.com starting Saturday morning.

Great payouts in each class! Come on out for a weekend of fun!

Details at https://showndownattheriver.com/

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

This used to be a 1/4 mile track, now I see it's an 1/8th mile track. I'm guessing the shut down area is not enough for some cars, as being the reason??? My home track, Bremerton Raceway, has gone to 1/8th mile for 2019, even though it's on a 5800 foot long, inactive runway, at Bremerton National Airport, and has been used as such for 60 years now. It has always been a 1/4 mile track, except for part of one season in the early 80's, when NHRA would't sanction the track due to it having no guardrails. It ran as an AHRA track through Orville Moe, who owned AHRA/ Spokane Raceway Park, and was the last remaining AHRA track. There's a LOT of upset racers, and spectators, who don't want to see it go to 1/8th mile, but the current President of the Handler's Racing Association (operators of Bremerton Raceway since 1959), apparently suffers from a rather advanced case of encephalrectalitis. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  3. moter

moter

Yes... its 1/8 th mile for this event. The track is usually not pretty past the 1/8th and it really needs to be resurfaced. For many years it ran as 1/4 mile.