Sounds like a good plan. My biggest problem was access for trimming wires to length, soldering and attaching the wires to terminals and it looks like you'll have a similar situation. I took out the seats, but in hindsight I wish I had removed the little seat hinge posts, taken the linkage off the pedals so they would drop to the floor and used a piece of plywood with one end on the sill and the other on a couple milk boxes or a bench to have a level place to lie down and work comfortably. LOL, I probably could have saved myself a day and about half a bottle of Advil. Seems like my places that twist and bend are not as flexible as they once were and I still have dents in my rib cage from those damned seat hinges.