Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maxton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rrbrucea, Mar 29, 2011.

1. edweird

edweird

yea, thats a gripe i've got too. i wish they would tell you what vehicle is getting ready to make a pass instead of just the number. but i aint gonna bitch, cause i still love maxton.

2. edweird

edweird

maybe we should have a hamb meet and greet so i can meet some of yall.

3. I'm a late-comer @ Maxton..only been going the last two seasons..seems everything is based on the car number, so if you're not familiar with the car number its hard to keep track of who's who. Even the run-logs are posted with only the car number. I have started taking a digital camera ,and take a bunch of pics of the cars I'm interested in..I usually have a pic of the car & number... I even invested in a handheld CB & a pit-bike so I can always hear whats going on...
    As far as quitting early Sunday, this last season ECTA is having to play by Gryphon's rules and they specify everything ( and they mean EVERYTHING!! ) cleaned up ,packed ,and off the premises by a certain time. Keith Turk said in the drivers meeting Saturday,that Gryphon is VERY ,VERY picky..to the extent of being fanatical about their premises.There's quite a bit of equipment,toilets,cones,signs,trash-cans, that have to be removed... Next meet in May,everything will be moved down to the start -line area (pits,parking,entrance,spectator area,etc) . ECTA staff asked that everyone respect Gryphons rules & regs, so that there's no bridges burned , in the hope there MAY be a future event at the site.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  4. jroberts

jroberts

One of the jackets went to a fella from Tennessee who runs the four-door Jag with a big block partially under the hood and partially where the front seat used to be. The driver sits in the back seat. Oh, yes it is a legal street car. Even did part of Power Tour a few years ago.

Sorry I missed you. Maybe later on this year we'll be there at the same time.

5. jroberts

jroberts

Turbo26T is exactly correct. The Gryphon Group owns the rules to the game now and we either follow them or leave. Simply as that. They have been adamant about us being out of there by 3:30. There is a lot to do to get out of there by that time and there is rarely enough volunteer help to make the job an easy one.

6. Here's a few pics from Saturday:

The Jag was & sounded awesome!!
    The '36 #3 tribute Modified runs a 348 ,outstanding workmanship!

Attached Files:

7. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Preparing to run at the salt again this year, but will be out in N.C. for family gathering on June 18th. I could help someone between Greensboro and Maxton get ready for the June meet. (Then they could help me in mid August!)