Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maxton ECTA - Where are the Pictures?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Oct 29, 2006.

1. I talked to my buddy from Connecticut while having breakfast here in Vegas this morning and he was on clowd nine having just set a new class record at 181 mph in his new toy.

Anyone got pictures from Maxton to post?

Thanls,

Dennis

2. Big Olds Dog

Big Olds Dog

Thacker and shine with from what i can tell is being filled by Jim Hanson

Recognized the Shirt

Steve is usually on cloud nine about something

3. Hmmmm, has Jim put on some weight? Kathie's feeding him good if that's him:D

Thanks for the pics Scott H - amazing you got it on your first post!

Dennis

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

Scott H, you did something useful so you get a pass on the intro. Thanks for the photos and welcome to the HAMB.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

WELCOME to the HAMB! Thanks for the photos! Just sold my AMBLER overhead to a Maxton racer, and a Model A rear axle to a drop tank builder. Got to get there next year!

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

I know another show you have to get to next year too buddy! :)

7. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

Man... Great Pictures Scott.

I love the Maxton ECTA meet. Layed back, no advertising BS, good people- it reminds me of what it must have been like in the early days of the NHRA.

My wife and I recently relocated from Virginia to Austin, TX so I haven't been able to get back up there- Thank you for sharing the pics.

8. Thanks for the welcome (and the waiver :)).
    I've been an occasional lurker since back around 2002 and just registered a short while back.

If you haven't been, you definitely need to go.
    In fact, for any east coasters who've not been to an ECTA meet, I highly recommend making the trip.
    I've been down three times and have had a blast every time. The honest, grassroots type atmosphere and lack of commercialization makes it very appealing to me. Like Leeroy said, everybody is so friendly and it's such a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere that makes it really enjoyable.
    On top of all that, the spectator gate fee is only $5.00 and covers both days.

Here's some more pictures from this weekend on the ECTA website:
    http://www.ecta-lsr.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=36

And for anyone that's interested, here are some pictures from past meets:

ECTA October 2005

ECTA April 2006

ECTA September 2006

9. CruZer

CruZer

That's the best intro I've seen in a long time,Scott. Welcome.

10. welcome Scott H that is a fla car scott .Was built by owner an a friend .Dan Nider think I spelled it right.There one town over fom me dan is in the second picture first guy on right.

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

12. So the guy in the maroon shirt is the official "gas tank filler and sealer" dude.

Steve got a couple of more runs in Sunday and went home with a 189.19 record.

Way to go Steve!

13. Big Olds Dog

Big Olds Dog

And I stand Corrected
    It Ain't Jim
    Ask Steve about reverse

14. No ... sorry, all I got were pictures.

15. Steve said they had one technical difficulty but that Jimmy fixed it - was that what he was referring to?

Dennis

16. Big Olds Dog

Big Olds Dog

Something about hitting reverse at 140mph (or there abouts) and spinning it around a little.
    This from Jared H.as told to me

17. Hey guys and girls, I just realized that you can now upload videos to Photobucket, so ....

This is a video I took of a Firebird leaving the start line at the September '06 ECTA meet:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v134/sdcvw/ECTA%20September%202006/?action=view&current=Picture081.flv

I know it isn't a traditional rod but it's the only video I took and I thought some might like to see it.

This car is a good example of the guys getting the car dialed in and running faster on each run ...

The record in their class was 192.336 mph.

Their runs:
    171.051 mph
    190.621 mph
    192.287 mph
    194.831 mph
    195.759 mph

Oh yeah, ignore the 5 seconds of cotton field at the end where I forgot to turn off the camera.