Register now to get rid of these ads!

Max the Master

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimbo17, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Anyone from the Bronx, New York area remember Max the Master?

He used to walk up and down Jerome Ave. pulling a little red wagon with his tool box in it.

He would repair your speedometer and make any adjustments to it that you needed back in the 60's right on the side of the street.

The guy was really fast and not to expense.

Jimbo

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Kind of surprised that none of the New York guys remember Max.

He was a very popular guy and very much in demand back in the mid 60's.

He was very skilled at what he could do with a speedometer in a matter of minutes!!!!!

I could never figure it out how he did it that quick on the side of the street with no power tools.

You meet many characters in life and Max was really one of them for sure.

Jimbo

3. "FIX"? a speedo, you mean the guy who used to roll the miles back? Didn't he get caught and visit the gray bar hotel as a guest of the justice department?

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

"FIX"? a speedo, you mean the guy who used to roll the miles back? Didn't he get caught and visit the gray bar hotel as a guest of the justice department?

The answer is yes I believe he did make license plates for a few years for the state.

Jimbo

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I don't remember him. But I do remember a wicked flat black model A with montrous slicks that used to do 100-foot burnouts on Throop Avenue. I guess thats what got me hooked on gasoline and steel.....