Register now to get rid of these ads!

max size wheel adaptors size help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomkat, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tomkat

tomkat
    from new jersey

I want to use wheel adaptors to change the offset of my wheels. i would like to get 2.5". is that ok to do? where do I can you guys recommend i get wheel adaptors. tom

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I'm not aware of any 'adaptors' that are 2½" thick. You'll just have to peruse various venues - aftermarket wheel manufacturers/dealers, etc.

We do have some HAMBers that are in the wheel business - look around the Alliance Vendors section.

btw...did you introduce yourself as suggested in here, or are you just a bungee rodder?

dj

3. What is the name of the old top fuel guy in Cali who makes them? Escapes me right now, but I have used his and they are awesome! Anyone help me with my memory?....

4. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I've seen adapter that thick to put late model Corvette wheels on early cars and for Porsche and other bolt patterns.

5. sdluck

sdluck

6. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

I've seen them as thick as 4" being used on a car raced on a road track. As long as they're engineered properly and torqued down correctly you shouldn't have a problem with them. Just like any aluminum wheel, the aluminum adapters should be retorqued after 100 miles and then rechecked from time to time.

I bought a pair (1.063" thick) from this company, I was satisfied with their quality:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

I would highly recommend ordering your adapters over the phone, rather than through their website as it has a few errors on some hub sizes and bolt patterns.

[​IMG]

7. Yeah thats the guy, Fred Goeske, had really good parts and service, thanks sdluck.