Register now to get rid of these ads!

Master Series silver primer/sealer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Angel, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Has anyone used Master Series www.shop.masterseriesct.com silver primer/sealer for their final coat. The product sounds good and the price is right, just wondered how the silver color looks. Pics would be nice....

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's decent single stage prices. And I wouldn't worry about painting over it, and it'll have UV protection as well.

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I use a lot of it.....it's a POR-15 type product. I don't use it on the exterior of cars, though, I use it to coat undercarriages, then undercoat it. Also on the insides of floors and trunks, and to seal up the backsides of any repair work or welding.
    I believe it's just like POR, too, in that it isn't UV stable, and you need to topcoat it if exposed to the sun.
    Doesn't really look like paint, the aluminum flakes are there to block oxygen, not sparkle like metalflake does.
    One project, I DID use it as a primer on the underfloor of a car....then I painted it with the actual exterior color basecoat paint....and used Masterseries AG 111 clear for a topcoat. It looked REAL good and held up, even underneath the car, very well! That clear is very tough stuff.