Register now to get rid of these ads!

Master cylinder information needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimW, Jan 25, 2007.

1. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

My Dad is looking for a part number for a 1 inch bore Ford manual brake dual master cylinder with the lines that exit to the outside of the car when it is mounted below the floor, or towards the inside when firewall mounted. He is still running the old fruit jar and wants to change it, but doesn't have room for the lines to exit on the tranny side. Anybody have any part numbers or what to ask for when going to the parts store? Thanks for any help. Tim

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

A late seventies Fairmont or it may have been a Granada would have the lines like that. My Dad has one on his 40, I couldn't use it on the Model A as the lines were on the wrong side.

3. 1970 AMC gremlin . all you have to do is slot the mounting holes a bit with a rat tail file and it will mount on the same bracket as the ford

it is a drum/drum MC...napa part # 10-1373

if you need a disc/drum , try a later year gremlin

[​IMG]

4. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Ford Granda 1981 is what I used and has exits on passenger side. I think mine is 7/8, but you can check on a parts website to verify that. Mine works great on my old Buick!

5. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

Thanks guys for the info, I spent some time searching on the internet and came up with one from a late 70's thru early 80's ford truck. WAGNER Part # MC102418 the parts house crossed it over and had one in stock. Thanks again, Tim