Register now to get rid of these ads!

Master cylinder I.D. & Help with stuck pedals.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Berdoo John, May 31, 2005.

1. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OK. What is this master cylinder from? Unless I'm more retarded than I thought...I believe the brake line was hooked into the "clutch" side and vice versa...does that not make at difference? Was this originally mounted under the floor and that is why they are "backwards" on my firewall setup?

And as for the pedal arms...well they worked about 5 years ago, then the vehicle sat and they got stuck...they move as a unit. I tried with my feet with it still mounted, no good. So I took it out, pulled the c-clip from one side and turned it sideways and have been soaking it for several days with Marvel Mystery Oil down the shaft. I can get them to move but it's really tough. I don't want to beat on the head to get it out because I may flare the head, right? What else can I do to get this apart so I can lubricate it? Lastly, what do I lubricate my shaft with? ;)

Thanks in advance, John

2. Greezy

Greezy

Thats is the 62 chevy truck master. I have a brand new one if your interested. Get your torch if have on and put a little heat to heat it to get the shaft out. The pedals mount to the firewall in what ever location is the most comfortable for you and without getting any pedal interferance. Oh anf if you dont have a torch get you some PB Blaster and soak it down that will break them loose. And to answer your question about the fluid outlet as long as the residual valve is switched from the brake side of the master to your actual brake pedal side all is good.

3. yes , they do get hooked up backwards when mounted on the firewall , so take the both sides apart and make sure the residual valve is on the side that will be for the brake...it will make a difference

4. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Damn this place is fast! Thanks guys. No torch but I do have PB Blaster. I just figured that the M.M. Oil would flow down easier, but I'll hose it down with some PB.

What will I be seeing when I find which side the residual valve is on? I know what one looks like that goes in the brake line, but not in the m.c. itself?

What do I lube the shaft with once I get it apart?

TIA, John.

5. Berdoo John

Berdoo John