Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Master cylinder access...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, Apr 23, 2019.

1. After I got my T bucket home a couple of weeks ago, one of the first things that I noticed was that there was no access to the master cylinder mounted under the floor! I guess you could have pumped brake fluid into it from underneath, after you jacked it up about 10 inches, or put it on a lift if you have access to one... Today I cut a hole through the 3/8" plywood, fiberglass, sheet metal sandwich that makes up the floor and created a way to top it off with fluid. Surprisingly the car had some pedal, but I wanted to flush out the brake system and adjust everything.
    What were they thinking when they didn't have any opening in the floor??? 0423191831.jpg 0423191832.jpg

2. That's what happens when someone builds a chassis, with no thought as to how it will be serviced after the body is dropped onto it.

Phil

RacingRoger likes this.
  3. This car has been running around since the '90s. I can't imagine that the master cylinder hasn't needed fluid since it was built. Wasn't that big a deal to cut an access hole...

4. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

My 48 and my 32 3w don't have access to the M/C, I just use a mirror and a squeeze bottle to check and service.