Register now to get rid of these ads!

Master cyl. for disc brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Apr 24, 2011.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Hey Guys,
    I need some help in finding the proper M/C for my '51 chevy wagon, Here's my deal, my friend has a '53 chevy wagon that he's up grading to MII and he is giving me his old front suspension. it's complete with a disc brake conversion, so I know it will bolt in place on my frame and hook up to my steering link and I can figure out the rubber brake lines( from drum to disc) but what about the M/C choice, and proportioning valve. I have a '69 camaro rearend under the car already. I checked the search function and read all the posts i could find, but alot of them dealt with converting to stock spindles etc. I know swapping out my '51 front for the '53 will be simple but after that...sorry for being long winded...oh yeah I forgot to say I'm on a tight budget :(
    thanks
    Brian.

2. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

post a pic of your existing master cylinder mounted

3. Why don't you copy what your buddy was using?...

4. Any master cylinder and proportional valve from a disc/drum car should work. You will need a one way valve IF the master cylinder is lower than the wheel cylinders/calipers.