Register now to get rid of these ads!

Massachsetts title question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghost of ElMirage, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Hi HAMBer's, I cant seem to get a simple question answered cuz the MA RMV site sucks. How do I get my title tranfered to my name? My project isnt even close to being done. Do I have to wait til it's complete and then transfer the title when I register the car. I don't wanna have to go to or call the RMV because I don't wanna spend all day in line or on the phone.

Thanx:)

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

if you have a title that matches all the pertinent info on your car, then you should be able to apply for title at the RMV without registering it. but you will have to pay sales tax for it at that point.

but, it depends largely on the extent of modifications, and how much they have to find out about the car for you to complete the paperwork. generally though, if the title from the previous owner is legit, you shouldn't have a problem.

3. Boldsmobile

Boldsmobile
    from W.Mass

RMV1 form.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/forms/RMV1_fillable.pdf

Check TO (Title Only)

If someone else previously owned it they will hit you with a penalty if you waited too long to apply for a title (dont recall amount of time) and as noted above sales tax based on the average retail selling price.

Was it previously titled outside of Mass? Little more required if that is the case.

4. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Yep you should title it right away if previously titled or you will pay a penalty for delayed application.

5. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

thanx to all for the replies mush appreciated MERRY CHRISTMAS