Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration MAS Fiberglass Cheesy 80s Catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A.D.D., Nov 29, 2017.

1. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

Anyone out there remember the MAS Fiberglass catalog? If you ordered something from them, they threw a 30 year old catalog in the box.

I heard MAS went out of business several years ago. Anyone have one of those old catalogs laying around?

Attached Files:

• MAS.JPG
      MAS.JPG
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
    chevy57dude likes this.
  2. 15119526825381057742039.jpg
    The HAMB is where to ask! Now I have to go through it and pick it a t shirt.

PBRmeASAP, mike bowling and catdad49 like this.
  3. 34Phil

34Phil

Cromwell Molding is still around who did their fiberglass

4. catdad49

catdad49

I have this one!

5. I think Chip (@need louvers ?) will know more. I believe his family was involved with Racing Unlimited or MAS. Might PM him.

catdad49 likes this.
  6. BJR

BJR

MAS was originally on 26th and Hennepin Ave South in Minneapolis MN. I used to pedal by it on my bicycle in the early 60's.

7. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

That's it! Offering a crisp $20 bill (or PayPal) for one in the wanted section.

chevy57dude likes this.
  8. mike bowling

mike bowling

I had the same catalog, but don't know where it went ( I have a good idea!)
    I'll have to look around- maybe with my JC Warchowski collection

chevy57dude likes this.
  9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it was just "Warshawsky & Co.", but it was just a "J.C. Whitney" catalog with better prices. Back in the day, everyone had a "J.C. Whitney" catalog, but "Warshawky"'s were few and far between for some reason.

10. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Warshawsky and J.C. Whitney one and the same but I think they still used the Warshawsky name in the Chicago area.

11. Fordors

Fordors

The Warshawsky brothers started the business and Warshawsky & Co. was the name of the retail store at 1900 S. State in Chicago. J.C.Whitney was the mail order side of the company, and the mail order catalog had cheaper prices. Living in Chicago it was easy to go to the store with a Whitney catalog in hand and place your order at the counter. When the salesman balked we would seek out Sol, he ran the windshield wiper, wiper motor, etc. department and he was probably connected to the family. Anyway, old Sol always honored our cheaper prices, with a loud- “Give it to him, dammit!”

12. I remember hearing that the Warshawsky catalog was like the wholesale version of the JC Whitney catalog. It was supposedly available only to businesses and dealers. I think both businesses operated using different addresses from the same building.

13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was high school I ordered a boat load of parts from J.C. Whitney for my bone stock Model A. I was told by several friends that Warshawsky had better prices but never was able to get a copy of a Warshawsky catalogue.

14. mike bowling

mike bowling

I remember when they filed for bankruptcy in the early seventies- I had ordered rear springs for my "59 Ford p.u. and never got them. They sent me a claim form that was the size of a small book which I filled out, sent in, and never heard a thing. Business 101

15. Slopok

Slopok

Every time I went there and got whatever it was that I needed, I'd walk back outside and was always approached by a guy as he rolls up his sleeve "Hey kid wanna buy a watch?" or "How about a Cashmere Sweater?" It was quite an event!

Nostrebor and catdad49 like this.
  16. Fordors

Fordors

Well it’s been over 50 years, maybe my recollection is backwards, but never the less Sol always honored the better price for us.
    RIP Sol!

catdad49 likes this.
  17. cb186

cb186

Last I remember(about 20 years ago), MAS was over off University and Cretin.

BJR likes this.
  18. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I only had one dealing with them years ago and usually I don't run someone down even for a crappy part if I feel they are doing the best they can. The one peice 70 Camaro front end I ordered from them came to me so thin it sagged across the top like a blanket spread across a square tubing frame with waves in the wind and on top of that and worse there was air pockets everywhere that had not even been rolled out the size of a 6x9 stereo speaker. That is way worse than just not trying. I felt they were probably laughing at me as they sent the part out. I keep all catalogs and magazines but that was one that definitely got thrown away.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Check your conversations, please.

20. models916

models916

21. BJR

BJR

They moved 2 times that I'm aware of in the Twin City area.

22. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Anyone remember Couch Racing? They were in Iowa, DesMoines I believe. They sent out mimeograph (remember that?) flyers of the parts they offered. I purchased quite a bit from them back in the ‘70’s. Cheap prices.

23. 5window

5window

If you looked at the picture of the store in the catalog, JC Whitney was on the side of the building running E-W and Warshawsky was on the side of the building running N-S

ClayMart likes this.