Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maryland MVA questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Desert1957, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Desert1957

Desert1957
    from Pa/Md

Hello All,
    Can anyone help me with a few "Stupid" questions please?

I have a 34 ford Coupe I am trying to put on the road.

My questions is what will Maryland MVA need when I make the painfull trip to get my street rod tag?

All my title work was done in 2004, It shows an original 34 Ford VIN number on my new title now in my name with my correct address, Does the fact that I was mailed a new title mean the worst is over? but now I want to obtain my tag.
    When I purchased my NY title it came with a blank body tag , should I have it stamped with my VIN and install it some where on the car? How about insurance which is the easiest to obtain Grundy / Hagerty etc? Wil I need pictures of the car? If so how many?

All help appreciated....

Desert

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You're in like flinn. When you go in, tell them that you are applying for historic or street rod tags. You just check off the appropriate box on the form. Take your title with you.

My insurance Co. required pictures to make sure your ride is worth the desired coverage. I took pictures from all 4 sides, the interior and the engine compartment. I wanted them to know what was there in case there ever was a claim. You'll have to do this first so that you can fill out the insurance section of the form. You should have done this last week...the tax rate went up the first of the year.:D

Most guys stamp the tag and mount it on the car just for the local yokels. If it were me I'd stamp the number on the frame right near the steering box. You won't have any problem in Md. but if you move or try to sell it out of state, some of the states can be very picky and know that the # tag is not where the vin number was originally located.

3. Deluxe

Deluxe

You'll need insurance information too when applying for tags and registration - Name of insurance company and policy number. You don't actually need a document for proof, just the info.

I have Grundy for my vintage car. They seem like a smaller company than Hagerty. I've heard many positive things about both and Grundy has done great for me - I'm on my third vintage car with them.

Deluxe